Honored Contributor

Re: Really Pretty Placemats!

@Katcat1 wrote:

@ECBG    A soft yellow would work as it would bring out the blue in the dishes.  It really depends on the rest of your decor in the dining area.  Good luck.

@Katcat1 

Thank you.  I'm leaning toward denim.  The tie top drapes are burgundy.  Here's the house done for Christmas.  I did change the great room lamps to large hand thrown cream ginger jars.

The house is primitive antiques.

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Among-Friends/Here-s-My-quot-Country-quot-Christmas/m-p/4317085#M202493

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT China, flatware and drinkware is a disease for me too!  Oh how I love it!  

I started with Blue Room when it came out and have a LOT of it.  We love it!  We packed it at our last move and one of my projects oddly enough is to unpack it because we both miss it!

I just got out some Waterford balloon glasses we got on vacation once dirt cheap at a factory store long ago--and am having juice from one this week! 

Do you drool over the Southern Lady, Tea Time and such magazines?  OH my goodness!  

My favorite maybe has to be Villeroy and Boch Petite Fleur.  OH don't get me started!  Woman Embarassed  And their Audun?  OH my have you seen that?

Honored Contributor

I put out pretty dishtowels as placemats every morning.

I have a colorful collection of many beautiful ones that I've gotten from specialty boutiques and when travelling around the world. 

I have a set out now from Thailand done in a batik pattern that compliments my  *sunshine-y* Fiesta dishware.

Easy to care for as all are machine washable/hang to dry.  Between the table and the kitchen sink I do a load of *placemats* every few days.  Always switching it up!

I don't think I've used *true* placemats for decades.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG 

You really have the Americana look in keeping with the style of your home.  Very nicely done.  Thank you for sharing pictures of your Christmas home.

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner, No, I don’t recall the Auden.  But I do like that brand.  Beautiful quality china.

We’ve had Waterford forever, and our silver forever, too.

Our everyday dishes are “Botanic Garden” by Portmeirion,

best dishes we still have after 50+ years a now discontinued Royal Doulton pattern, Spode Christmas dishes.  

I envy you your collection of blue and white Spode. It is gorgeous.  And yes, I love to see pictures in those magazines.

It takes you to a special place, becoming more lost in time.

I do give things away to my DD and DIL, who both appreciate nice things.

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG, Your home at Christmas is gorgeous.  Love all your decor and Christmas decorations.  And that pup is a cutie, too.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG 

Let us know what mats you purchase. The only thing I’ve ordered from a vendor on Etsy was a piano bench cushion. Good quality. I replaced my wash worn placemats a few months ago. Got mine at my local Pier One store when it was having a “going out of business” sale. 

Honored Contributor

@wilma @PamfromCT @Nonametoday @Lucky Charm @Sooner s

I'm really looking at the denim for daily.  I have the slightly more fancy for holidays and birthday dinners.  I use the Franciscan Apple and Ivy.

I had looked at the home area of the Ralph Lauren site.  The combination of different medium to dark blues and whites was wonderful and what I would do if I were redecorating with blues.  I would have loved to have most of those fabrics as a place mat.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG    Lovely decorations.  The best decos are the two dogs --- so sweet.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Etsy has some nice ones, also Bed, Bath & Beyond as well as Home Goods, and there are a couple charming shops in the Texas Hill Country that doesn't disappoint either!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”