Honored Contributor

Reading Area, Contemporary Vibe...

redmond-aldrich_1.jpg

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Re: Reading Area, Contemporary Vibe...

stevieb, as you said "different strokes". Not feeling this or any of your posts. Sterile, no warmth, man caves, one of your posts etc., etc. 

Trusted Contributor

@stevieb  I think the decorator tried to add some warmth using the color yellow but it's still a miss in my opinion.  First I would  take away that large personal artwork on the right.  Second the 2 chairs need to be replaced with more "cushy" pieces or a small loveseat.  Then tie them together with coordinating textured pillows.  Maybe a prettier shade too.

Esteemed Contributor

The idea of the room is okay, but I would quickly get rid of the furniture for more "cushy" pieces and better lighting and that awful picture.

Respected Contributor

Doesn"t look comfortable at all.

Honored Contributor

This doesn't look comfortable to me at all.....I like Yellow, but it isn't necessarily a relaxing color to me, it is more of an energizing color.

Honored Contributor

I do not get a warm or comfortable feeling with this room, not a fan.

Honored Contributor

This is not inviting, warm,  or comfortable to me.

Honored Contributor

@nova wrote:

@stevieb  I think the decorator tried to add some warmth using the color yellow but it's still a miss in my opinion.  First I would  take away that large personal artwork on the right.  Second the 2 chairs need to be replaced with more "cushy" pieces or a small loveseat.  Then tie them together with coordinating textured pillows.  Maybe a prettier shade too.

@nova  There's really nothing about this room that reels me in... It's not awful, it's just 'blah'... I agree, the yellow pillows are there to punch it up and, to me, they help but not enough... Don't like the 'art' either and the chairs absolutely need to be replaced with something 'warmer' and more substantial... Whatever color pillow are chosen, they might have somehow tied it in to the window covering...

Honored Contributor

@ahoymate wrote:

stevieb, as you said "different strokes". Not feeling this or any of your posts. Sterile, no warmth, man caves, one of your posts etc., etc. 

Absolutely... Different strokes... If nothing I post appeals to you then, well, nothing I post appeals to you... 

Smiley Wink