Esteemed Contributor

Re: Reader's Cheery Attic Bedroom...

I would feel claustrophobic. I do like the built in bookshelf.

Honored Contributor

Beautiful, I like everything!

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

Not a fan of yellow anything. I like the space but in different colors. I like  the pink lamp. 

Esteemed Contributor

Overall, I would feel claustrophobic sleeping in there but the print on the head and footboard would definitely need to be replaced.  

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

My childhood best friend had an Attic Bedroom that she shared with her 4 sisters.

It was a very large attic and they each had a section that was their own. It wasn't nearly as nicely decorated as this one but we had a lot of fun in that attic bedroom.

This is cheery and cute for a younger person.

I don't think I would want to be in the attic as an adult.

Honored Contributor

The room reminds me of someone that loves crafts.  Yes, you need a lamp that extends over the bed pillow.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

What a cheery, relaxing room.  Nice place for reading.  The colors are very calming & just seems a happy place.  I don't care for the green pattern chosen but would look for something more my taste.  Also replace the lamp with a soft blue (my taste again.)

Thanks for sharing.

Honored Contributor

Except for the books, love books, there isn't any appeal for me in this space.  I do not like the slanted roof.

Esteemed Contributor

Wow don't jump outta that bed your gonna crack your head. The patterns and wall just a little to much for me. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's difficult to know without seeing more of the room, just how big or small it is.  If it's as small as it appears, I'd take the bed out completely and just put in a small sofa or chair to make it a real reading room.

And the color on the walls would have to go to something more restful.  A very pale green maybe or something with just a whisper of color.

(Oh and depending where this is, there'd better be room for some kind of A/C.)