Esteemed Contributor

in a house we just bought.  Am presently considering many color selections.  The kitchen and breakfast room face west with a wide window.  Am thinking about purchasing nice indoor shutters for this large window.  The floor is hardwood.

If you were to re-paint your kitchen next month, what color or color combination would you use?

Many thanks for your input and suggestions.

~Rebecca

Respected Contributor

Pink and white or white and pink.  But I'm a shabby chic decor fan.

Esteemed Contributor

@birkin baby wrote:

Pink and white or white and pink.  But I'm a shabby chic decor fan.

I hadn't thought of it until you mentioned it, but that is very much my paternal grandmother.  Gotta give this serious thought.  She meant so much to me.

Honored Contributor
I love country French recently had my kitchen redone with coastal cream cabinets, whitewashed plank porcelain floor tiles, and granite tops with cream, flecks of blue brown. My kitchen dinning room are both French country colors -- painted 2 walls light buttercup yellow and 3 walls cream. All finishes are brushed nickel. Waiting for new table to be delivered when I return home. Decor accent is fitz & Floyd Tuscany pieces, roosters, wall plates and on countertop have a apothecary large jar with lemons & limes and bushes of hydrageanas my favorite flower.
Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:
I love country French recently had my kitchen redone with coastal cream cabinets, whitewashed plank porcelain floor tiles, and granite tops with cream, flecks of blue brown. My kitchen dinning room are both French country colors -- painted 2 walls light buttercup yellow and 3 walls cream. All finishes are brushed nickel. Waiting for new table to be delivered when I return home. Decor accent is fitz & Floyd Tuscany pieces, roosters, wall plates and on countertop have a apothecary large jar with lemons & limes and bushes of hydrageanas my favorite flower.

homedecor,

Sounds absolutely fabulous!  I've conjured up images in my mind and am drooling.  My first choice weeks ago was the same light buttercup yellow and cream.  However, it has been so long since I've re-done a kitchen, didn't really know if any shade of yellow would "make it," as it was so common in the 50s.  Thank you for pushing me past that mind fog.

Honored Contributor

I'm all for the shabby chic look but I'd like to know how many husbands would like to wake up to a pink and white kitchen for the rest of their lives?? If you're single,,,,go for it!

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

We just painted our kitchen. I considered many colors but everything reminded me of a bedroom. I decided on a taupe (white cabinets) and I LOVE it. The contrast is beautiful and I know I will never tire of the color.

Good luck and have fun choosing a color!

Respected Contributor

Re: Re-painting kitchen...

[ Edited ]

I live in my grandmother's home. It's around 100 years old. I try to keep it modern enough 

to use easily,but as vintage as possible for my soul to be happy.  I suggest interest for awesome ideas. It is amazing to see the ideas and things there. Unfortunately,it is an addictive pastime..lol.

Respected Contributor

I'm also in the process of painting my kitchen, but first I have to get the wallpaper off..ugh!  I have wood cabinets that are a warm medium walnut color..similar to a pecan color with almond counter tops and flooring.  Any colors you can give to me too would be very appreciated.  I'm at a loss everytime I go to Lowes or Home Depot's paint department.  

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Honored Contributor

My kitchen right now is Buttercup Yellow, and I think I would keep it that color, it's bright and cheery and it really opens up the space. Love it!!!!!!!