Esteemed Contributor

Re: Rattan, Blue and White in the Sunroom...

@stevieb  I find rattan to generally be uncomfortable.  While I like blue, I am not necessarily a fan of it in the sunroom, and I find that the furnishings in this one are too fancy.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

Re: Rattan, Blue and White in the Sunroom...

This room more or less works for me... FIrst, I like rattan and while I wouldn't want lots of it in a main living area, it seems appropriate for a sunroom. As for it's comfort, we're all different, but I once had a rattan settee with nicely padded cushions, (seat and back), and it was among the most comfortable seating pieces I've owned...  I agree with those who find the blue and white pottery to be too pat and too much... I love blue and white and I love ginger jars, but it's as if this decorator went out and ordered all this stuff in bulk... It all looks brand new and all seems to have essentially the same pattern and yes, there's too much of it... I very much like the hurricane, the mirror and the inlaid side board, but could do without the candle holders... I also would have chosen different (and thicker) cushions and probably a different rug...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...