Respected Contributor

Re: ROSE TARLOW'S LONDON FLAT

Her rooms exude warmth.  So lovely.

Trusted Contributor

If I had to pick a fav room - I guess it would be the bedroom.

Overall, not liking this home at all.  Looks so cluttered and dark.  Oh, the lemonwood ebony table is the most interesting piece.

Esteemed Contributor

Great flat! Love the lemonwood table and would like to know more about it. Have a similar ebony screen with oriental women engraved and painted on it which we found in Asia. Like this flat, my home is very similar. I love bookcases, draperies and beautiful wood pieces.

However, we differ in the tiny dining area. That would work for having a brunch with my immediate family or a couple of close friends only. I need a large dining room to host get togethers, family events, special occasions and holidays. There are some times that a Club isn't conducive to those needs. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Esteemed Contributor

While not my taste at all, it's very nice.  However....less is more.  I felt claustrophobic just looking at the pictures.  I've never seen, or even heard, of lemonwood before and that was a beautiful piece of furniture.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

Love that Lemonwood Chest so much! It is gorgeous. I love the bedroom best!

Honored Contributor

I love all the fresh greenery flowing through her home. Too cluttered for me but her home is a reflection of herself so that makes it interesting and beautiful.

Respected Contributor

Wonderful--thanks for sharing!

Honored Contributor

Some wonderful spaces and elements.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's quite marvelous, isn't it, @Oznell ? Another one I'd love to visit.

Somehow it makes me think of an expanded and upgraded version of the Kate Winslett cottage from the movie Holiday.

That lemonwood chest is so gorgeous, I looked up "lemonwood."  It's rare, as it's from a tree most often, but not solely*, found in Cuba, therefore there are trade restrictions.  Calycophyllum candidissimum is the scientific name.  It's not to be confused with wood from an actual lemon tree as this tree is quite different.

This is a picture of the tree:

Image result for Calycophyllum candidissimum

*grows in South and Central America

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

Just lovely and very eclectic design elements! Greenery inside is very appealing to me.  I would live there in a hot second!