Honored Contributor

@Kachina624,  I personally don't see anything incongruous about this eclectically traditional house being in Mexico. Mexico has a variety of architecture and decorating styles, apart from the beautiful indigenous Spanish colonial.  Any given house in any part of the world can be whatever style the owner prefers. 

For example, I don't expect a Swiss country house to necessarily conform to my stereotype of a Swiss chalet with cuckoo clocks and unfinished wooden walls!  By the same token, a house in say, New Orleans, doesn't have to be a traditional shotgun double-- it can be Scandinavian modern and still be a New Orleans house.

Yes, this one is indeed a Mexican house, whose owner likes a selection of antiques of different periods and origins.  From what I can tell, she likes European antiques, with French and Swedish accents. 

She definitely likes more modern Mexican art, along with her traditional portraits.  That beautiful armoire in the dining room, of light and dark wood, was identified by Cote de Texas as being one of two Victorian-era Mexican armoires in the room. I think it's neat, but not a requirement, that she included some indigenous Mexican features in the house.

Honored Contributor

@mspatmac,  that's interesting that you checked out the Washington town house.  I did find it to be "too much" for me, although I skimmed through it too fast to really analyze why!  The country house felt more like a bit of a fairy tale to me, yet not too stuffy.  But then, I'm very susceptible to all the antiques and the eclectic mix of art.  Like someone said, I'd love to be a guest there-- and be pampered by the fantastical surroundings!

"Cote" seemed to be so taken with the town house-- it's one of the first times I didn't find myself much agreeing with her...

Respected Contributor

I see English and French influences and some Spanish touches, but very little that's distinctively Mexican (except for the sombrero, the lovely old cross, and the painting of Our Lady of Guadalupe).  Interesting place.

Respected Contributor

The outside is interesting, the inside is awful.

Trusted Contributor

Re: ROMANTIC MEXICAN HOUSE

[ Edited ]

To me it looks like it started out trying to look Mexican and ended up Georgetown.  

Honored Contributor

@stevieb    Makes me want to get a bunch of big garbage bags and start clearing out, especially the kitchen.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: ROMANTIC MEXICAN HOUSE

[ Edited ]

Not much at all here that I like. I do like the outer front of the place, love the blk/wht flooring, love a couple of pieces of furniture, that's about it.  As others here have said, I don't feel Mexican nor Spanish influence with this place, in or out.

Respected Contributor

@Oznell JUST GEORGOUS

Honored Contributor

I like the architectural details, but most of the furnishings aren’t my style. There are a few individual pieces that I like. The very first picture with the brown yard is not appealing to me at all. The outdoor photos with greenery are much nicer. Love the dogs! 

Trusted Contributor

@Oznell  Thank you for all the pictures that you post! Love looking at decor. 

F/N/A luvstogarden