Honored Contributor

Re: RESTORED CRAFTSMAN IN LOS ANGELES (ANGELINO HEIGHTS)

Craftsman homes are very depressing to me.  This one hits all my dislikes of them.  

This is my opinion only about a style of house.  Not meaning anything bad toward those who love them.  Ok?  Woman Happy

Frequent Contributor

While I'm one of those that's always wanting to paint that wood, I love the restoration of this home and how they stayed true to its history.  Each room has been carefully thought out, & I think this home is beautiful!  Thank you for posting.   Reminds me to never say never!

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

Craftsman homes are very depressing to me.  This one hits all my dislikes of them.  

This is my opinion only about a style of house.  Not meaning anything bad toward those who love them.  Ok?  Woman Happy

I agree @Sooner  it’s too dark, and heavy. Aesthetic and style are subjective.  It’s a beautiful home, just not my thing.

Honored Contributor

Oh, why would we think that, @Sooner ?   Not to worry, don't give it another thought.  We all have different tastes!

Honored Contributor

I like this house, but I need some kind of window coverings. Most of the furnishings in the rooms are my style. I l really love the living room with dark green chairs.  I also like the window seat, den, kitchen, and the more traditional bedroom. My least favorite things are the crane wallpaper, and the modern bedroom chairs and desk. 

Honored Contributor

Although, I never liked a Craftsman style home before, this one is beautiful!  There are only an extremely small things I would change with my magic wand!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

i love all the wood paneling, the floors, the wood around the windows and door frame.  I am glad all is restored. The window seats, lovely and there are touches of appeal throughout the rooms.  The only thing is that I would have curtains/drapes on the windows to warm up the home as in my opinion it needs.   I do love the powder room wall paper, so pretty!

Valued Contributor

Yes. Yes yes yes...

Except for the leather sofa which is just a small quible and easily remedied.

Honored Contributor

46.jpg

@Oznell 

I dislike wallpaper.

However, I could live with this.  Gorgeous.  Bet you like it, too.  You seem to have a fondness for our feathered friends.Heart

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Like you, @just bee ,  not a fan of wallpaper in general.  No!   For some reason though, I don't mind a splash-out of an interesting wallpaper in a small powder bath.   Gives visitors a fun little surprise.  And easier to remove or change when the appeal palls.  

You're right, always love the birdies!   And in this case, the overall retro feeling of the design....