Honored Contributor

Re: REMOVING STICKINESS FROM MERCURY GLASS?

I've had luck putting a piece of scotch tape over the label, rubbing it and then pulling it off.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl, did you get the sticky residue off your MG piece?  I wonder why they would not put the labels on the bottom.  I've never used Goo Gone on MG but on other types of material it works great.  I know that anything damp will remove paint from the inside of Valerie's MG lamp shades  from experience.  lol  I think they seal the paint on the outside of spheres because you can use the Windex wipes on them.  Hope you had good luck cleaning your item.

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl, did you get the sticky residue off your MG piece?  I wonder why they would not put the labels on the bottom.  I've never used Goo Gone on MG but on other types of material it works great.  I know that anything damp will remove paint from the inside of Valerie's MG lamp shades  from experience.  lol  I think they seal the paint on the outside of spheres because you can use the Windex wipes on them.  Hope you had good luck cleaning your item.

I havn't tried yet, lucymo, been very busy here, but I will soon, and I think I will try the oil method as it worked in a frying pan I bought recently.  I don't understand why stickers are all over some pieces.  I will post after I try.