Honored Contributor

Re: RALPH LAUREN'S PERSONAL ANGLOPHILE DREAM

It definitely looks like RL style. I love the first photo of the front of the house! The architecture and greenery appeal to me. I love the exterior and outdoor spaces more than the interior rooms. There's just too much stuff in the rooms, and the colors used are a bit too dark for me.

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee,  that's my feeling also.  Love the traditional vibe of course, and I certainly appreciate a knowing, "layered" look, but for my personal visual comfort, his rooms often feel just that much over-accessorized.  Not to say they aren't glamorous!   I just need a little more editing, and a little more light, in general.

@Irish1210,  they are a darling couple, agreed!  I meant to comment on that, and forgot!   That's a sweet story about their meeting, didn't know that.

Trusted Contributor

There wasn’t anything I didn’t like.
Honored Contributor

Inside and out this home is exquisite, stunning and I love its design and style, very classy! The chandelier in the sitting room , the art work, tables, decor, it all comes together for me!  I have only one criticism, the deer heads, they would go!

Respected Contributor

Beautiful home! I like the rooms and grounds. I would take away some accessories though. Too dark in some rooms but fixed easily. Don't care for deer heads in a beautiful entrance but it looks like Ralph Lauren lives here! 👍
Honored Contributor

It's a cool house in an "over the top" kind of way.  I'm not a fan of the hunting artwork that is often found in this style of decorating.  And I agree with others who have stated it's a bit much, but that's also what makes it a show piece.

Honored Contributor

Love it, very beautiful but also somewhat dark, I would find a way to lighten it up a bit and a little less clutter, the outside is gorgeous!!!! 

Esteemed Contributor

Stunning location but some of the rooms are to too much for me. 

Trusted Contributor

@Oznell  I love all of it. So Ralph. I especially love the drama of the sitting room with black draperies.

I don't really like the two deer heads. Yuck. At least, I am assuming,  they are fake. If you really look at them, they are identical. Probably manufactured.

Ralph has such a great eye, IMO, with whatever he does. It isn't my taste at all but I wouldn't mind living there.

Thanks for great post.Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've always loved Ralph Lauren's style.  I have purchased some of his tartan-centric household items from eBay and love to use them in the colder months.  Thanks for sharing the pictures.