Honored Contributor

Re: Quotes in decor for the home

@ZoetheCat

I've lived with gates in my home since 1995 or so, and they are invaluable for the safety of our smallest family members!

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Trusted Contributor

I just bought one that says "Gratitude makes what we have enough". I see it every morning when I wake up -- it's a good reminder for me. 

Respected Contributor

I have a metal plaque on my island that has a drawing of a chicken and it reads, "Kitchen closed -- this chick's had it".  Not as sentimental as some of yours, but it's spot some days.

Honored Contributor

I'm not a fan of the 'homolies' so on trend right now in decor... At one time, I might have found some of them meaningful, but not enough to have them on display. I think signs, in general, as part of home decor have become over done to the point of being somewhat trite in most instances, but, as always, it's an individual choice. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@GingerPeach  Love these. If you don't have room for an extra piece of art, there is a site called Wall Written where you can purchase quotes in any color to actually put onto your wall.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Respected Contributor

Lovely post.

I don't have any signs displayed anywhere in my home at the present but I do love to read quotes from a couple of books everyday. 

Esteemed Contributor

Forgot this one.....

Pleasant.jpg

Respected Contributor

What a fun topic!

Yes, a couple.  First is in a picture frame sitting on my desk.  The second is what I see when heading out the door in the morning.

let.jpg

tod.jpg

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

Part of home decor, one in foyer surrounded by floral swag, other in kitchen above window:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/37/4f/3d/374f3d72aed62fd36ca581e3292fa04e.jpg

https://img.etsystatic.com/il/3f9f81/1107019263/il_340x270.1107019263_rg6y.jpg?version=0

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Esteemed Contributor

Above my kitchen window, overlooking our neighborhood commons area, is the word, thankful. Painted same color as wall so it may be easy to overlook, but I know it's there. Master bath has metal sign reminding us we're a family of second chances. And we are.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau