Esteemed Contributor

I LOVE QUILTS.  I have no talent for making them but that does not mean I don't collect them.  I have someone who makes quilts for me out of tee shirts that go way back from start to finish with our square dancing activity.  Lots of festivals now  in a quilt or two or three.  

And much more important, the quilt that got me started.... one my grandmother gave me.  It was from all kinds of old clothing that was my grandfathers over the years. i cherish that one.

Honored Contributor

I can see them and I just love quilts!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Really niice but way too much white for me

Honored Contributor

Re: Quilts In The Bedroom

[ Edited ]

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

Our bedroom theme is Quilts! I collects. I have some that my great-grandmother did. Hubs and I made a quilt rod and we change the quilts w/the seasons. I thought the purpose of quilts was to keep on the bed to be warm. I am confused by the OPs comment.

Anyone remember when the Q sold quilts?

I could have worded that better.  Sorry.......  better explanation is..... I am into anything cotton..........jamies, nightgowns, undies, robes, and cotton quilts.  They just breath better and I don't find myself kicking them off at night because I'm "overly" heated.  

I also have a couple that my great-grandmother did and one my grandmother did.  I cherish them.

By the way, I do remember when the Q sold quilts.  I wish they would sell more!

Respected Contributor

@jubilantLove everything about the room.

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Honored Contributor

I only use a top sheet and quilt on the bed - all year.  I don't need any blankets.

Quilts are warm enough in winter.  Summer - just fold it back.

Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ   I hope you can see it now.  I tried something different.

Esteemed Contributor

@jubilant  It's a very pretty quilt.Perfect for the muted softness of the room.

Honored Contributor

I like the look of quilts on a bed and also agree about them being light weight.  These quilts add some color to a room which is too white for me.  

Respected Contributor

I think the style of the room is very pretty and I like the quilt but the room is just too white for me.