Honored Contributor

Re: Quilting Project...what say you?

@Lilysmom 

Your DH is right, your older Singer is very well made, not like the newer plastic machines.

I have a very old Singer in a nice wood cabinet, that has the foot pedal to operate it, still works too!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Lap quilts and those are beautiful, you're really talented.

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG , I am in Nova Scotia, east coast of Canada.  But!!!  I do love the Carolinas.  Isn't that where she is?  Love Hilton Head.  Been three times in the last ten years.  I am going to have to go back and look at her location again.  LM

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG , what an interesting and amazing background.  You would laugh to see me around a sewing machine.  My grandmother raised her family during the depression.  She was a tailor.  She made men's suits.    My mother used to tell me that her dream was to have a dress from the catalogue, not a home made one.  Maybe if I started at the sewing machine earlier I would be better.  Practice makes perfect. The more I quilt, the better I quilt.  LM

Esteemed Contributor

@qualitygal @KingstonsMom @ECBG @riley1 @Kachina624 , basted together, all ready to quilt.  One lap top quilt.  Thanks for the feedback.  LM

310B9E7E-26D4-4579-A445-3A842F4CBDB1.jpeg

2FED4FF9-BA06-4A9A-8473-35BBA1C40E2D.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

@Lilysmom - very pretty. You said you don't use the sewing machine. Do you piece by hand as well? Oy, I'm going to stand up and cheer for you. I'm a machine piecer/quilter. I did hand quilt something once - maybe a pillow? 

Honored Contributor

King size quilts are quite a lot to handle if you don't use them on a bed, so I vote for the two smaller. 

And just in case you have too many, you can send one my way! That is going to be beautiful!

Respected Contributor

@Lilysmom 

The pattern is very pretty.  Good luck with your decision making.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@riley1,  I do all of the quilting by hand including the binding/border.  I don't do the piecing myself.  I hate that job.  The only time I use the sewing machine is if I have to rework the top.  A seamstress I am not.

We get a solid five months of winter so it is nice to have an inside project.  I usually get the wood stove going and listen to talk radio as I quilt.  I find it very relaxing...after I get my fingers toughened up😊.  LM