Esteemed Contributor

@Nataliesgramma , that is so true.  My sister did a large one for my niece and she was laying on it  in the backyard covered with sunscreen.  Holy cow😲!  LM

Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest 💕🙏

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom---just wanted to tell you that my niece taught herself to quilt; she is 37  and she has made some fantastic small quilts as gifts for new babies and holiday gifts-----I sorted thru the many stacks of fabric I had stored in boxes----some from the 70's when I was sewing up a storm---and I gave her it all for her quilts!!!  She was so excited with that---maybe.....just maybe... there is a quilt from her in my future!!!! Heart

Trusted Contributor

Absolutely gorgeous! You're very talented.

Esteemed Contributor

@wagirl , what a lucky find for your niece!  Like a treasure hunt.  I try my best to stay disciplined about fabric, doing one quilt at a time.  I also make myself finish one project before starting another.  I broke the rules last year and have enough fabric in the closet for two additional quilts.  The price was too good to turn up!  LM

Respected Contributor

@Lilysmom 

Be proud of yourself!

This quilt gives me a "happy" feeling.  Seeing natures' wonders is pleasing to the eye.  Colors are very pretty.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lilysmom - Absolutely gorgeous! I am just finishing up a scrap quilt using 2 1/2'' squares. Putting the last of the sashing pieces on then the borders - will be a surprise throw for my daughter. However, I'm a machine piecer/quilter so it goes faster than your process.

Is this quilt for you or a gift? 

Esteemed Contributor

@riley1 , hi.  Yes, the quilt will be gifted to my cousin who has a small cottage across the lake.  Happy to be finished.  Temps are warming up and I am itching to get outside.  Hoping for an early spring.  LM

Honored Contributor

This is beautiful.

I like a quilt with a bit of a wrinkle/pucker to it. Makes it look more vintage!

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

This is beautiful.

I like a quilt with a bit of a wrinkle/pucker to it. Makes it look more vintage!

The best part!  I love them when they've been freshly washed and machine dryed.