Honored Contributor

Re: Quick update on the Purple/Gray kitchen post

@Abrowneyegirl wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

Why doesn't she just repaint? 

Every time she looks at her walls, she must be so unhappy with the color. 

I think the idea and the $$$ of having to have it repainted is the root of the problem.

As someone who just had a lot of painting done I know it is not cheap.  MUCH less expensive than any other project but still between paint and labor she is looking at an $800 bill. 

Painting is not cheap. 

Lesson learned, don't pick out a color that is going to vary with light so  much.  Gray is just a hard color to work with sometimes. 

Honored Contributor

Just a guess that there is a more then the color of paint at issue here. 🎨 

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

I'm surprised this woman HAS friends, to be honest.  She sounds horrible.  Who invites people who are supposedly their friends to their home, ambushes them with a loaded question, and gets huffy when they don't answer the "right" way????

At this stage of my life, I have no tolerance for that kind of stuff....I would be pleasant when I ran into her at events, but would NOT be spending any of my free time doing things with her as a "friend."

Respected Contributor

Can't tell you how many times I have had to repaint because the color changed from the sample.  My windows are east and west.  Anything I paint in an off white color in the east windows turns bright yellow.  I have to stick to light tan or medium tone colors.  The colors in the west windows turn green.  I picked out a light beige to match my countertop.  I looks like a light sage green on the walls.  I thought that color was mixed wrong, but I took it outside to look and nope, it was mixed correctly.  But it's too much work and money to repaint.  It looks just fine anyway.

Honored Contributor

This woman had no idea the color of gray she picked would look different on her wall.   She is desperately looking for one person who sees gray, and validates her vision, and obviously that’s not happening.   .   

Trusted Contributor

From the Sherwin-Williams site:

"Although the color gray is commonly associated with cooler, cloudy days, there are both “cool grays” and “warm grays.” Cool grays have more blue undertones, while warm grays are grounded in yellow and brown — similar to “greige,” a combination of gray and beige."

Respected Contributor

It's a shame the other women didn't have empathy for the woman who painted gray. I don't understand the point in giving her an opinion that the color has purple properties. Was it to be right? Was it to be kind and helpful? Was it to be hurtful? Based on what was posted, she was obviously very hurt by this group of women. It sounds like she was looking for support on her decorating project but received something very different. I feel sorry for her. I hope the other women remember 2 idioms:1) People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, especially when they want an opinion on their hair color, new car, top, etc. 2) And what goes around comes around. I also hope this woman doesn't read QVC Forums.

Honored Contributor

Our dining room, living room and hallway are painted the same color and there are certain times of the day when it looks like we used three different colors.

Honored Contributor

I painted a bedroom pink once and it was so pink I was glad when we moved lol.

Honored Contributor

I painted most of us have had painting mistakes.

You either live with it or paint it over...