Trusted Contributor

Re: Quick update on the Purple/Gray kitchen post

It's just paint.

Like a bad haircut it can be remedied with time and a little work.

Why take offense and offend friends over paint on the walls?

Ridiculous.

Respected Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

I painted a bedroom pink once and it was so pink I was glad when we moved lol.

Your post made me laugh, @colliemom4 !  I did the same thing years ago....what I thought would be a lovely, vintage pink looked like a psychedelic Pepto-Bismol nightmare!  But money was tight, and I had to live with it.  

Honored Contributor

@alicedee wrote:

@colliemom4 wrote:

I painted a bedroom pink once and it was so pink I was glad when we moved lol.

Your post made me laugh, @colliemom4 !  I did the same thing years ago....what I thought would be a lovely, vintage pink looked like a psychedelic Pepto-Bismol nightmare!  But money was tight, and I had to live with it.  

@alicedee  It sounds like we both picked the same color. It's funny to look back on it and laugh now. Paint can be tricky.

Respected Contributor

@Desert Lily 

The kitchen owner asked the other friends (who had not yet viewed the new paint job) what the color was.  They had not been forwarned that it was supposed to be gray, so they just answered her question honestly.  There was no unkindness on their part.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Desert Lily wrote:

It's a shame the other women didn't have empathy for the woman who painted gray. I don't understand the point in giving her an opinion that the color has purple properties. Was it to be right? Was it to be kind and helpful? Was it to be hurtful? Based on what was posted, she was obviously very hurt by this group of women. It sounds like she was looking for support on her decorating project but received something very different. I feel sorry for her. I hope the other women remember 2 idioms:1) People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, especially when they want an opinion on their hair color, new car, top, etc. 2) And what goes around comes around. I also hope this woman doesn't read QVC Forums.

And it sounds to me like she set herself up for disappointment by asking a question to which she already knew the answer and then wanted to 'kill the messenger' for answering honestly... No stones, no glass houses, no 'what goes around comes around'... It falls under the old addage that if you don't want to hear the answer then don't ask the question... It's unfortunate the color didn't work out, but ragging on her friends was not the solution...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Desert Lily wrote:

It's a shame the other women didn't have empathy for the woman who painted gray. I don't understand the point in giving her an opinion that the color has purple properties. Was it to be right? Was it to be kind and helpful? Was it to be hurtful? Based on what was posted, she was obviously very hurt by this group of women. It sounds like she was looking for support on her decorating project but received something very different. I feel sorry for her. I hope the other women remember 2 idioms:1) People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, especially when they want an opinion on their hair color, new car, top, etc. 2) And what goes around comes around. I also hope this woman doesn't read QVC Forums.

I don't think that's how it happened.  I think she asked, "What color is my kitchen?"  

Respected Contributor

It's not whether she asked the question; it's how the women answered it without empathy.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

IMO, it doesn't matter what the color is called. Nor does it matter what others think of it.

If she likes the color, she has no problem .She can sit back and enjoy it.

If she doesn't like the color, it's time to repaint.

She shouldn't get so hung up on what others say the color is.

Respected Contributor

If she really liked the color, she wouldn't need to ask all the time.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Regal Bee wrote:

If she really liked the color, she wouldn't need to ask all the time.

@Regal Bee  Exactly... And expect others to lie about what they're seeing, you know, to show her 'empathy'...  

Smiley Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...