Trusted Contributor

Question re rod pocket curtains

My new living room curtains are hanging in lovely folds.

Except for about one foot on each panel that refuses to scrunch up and is laying flat.

is there some way  to get that side to scrunch up?  I was hoping there might be something I can buy to attach to the curtain rod that will provide a barrier so they can't stretch out once I've scrunched them to my liking.  Or maybe there's some hack people know about.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Contributor

Re: Question re rod pocket curtains

Try up top on rod to put a straight pin inbetween the rod and where the curtain top seam meet.  That should make that part of the curtain heading tighter and better stay scrunched.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks @Scriptpeeker I will buy some straight pins and give it a try.

Honored Contributor

You may need one or more extra panels

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

@Desertdi , my thoughts as well.  LM

Esteemed Contributor

If you're referring to the ends of the panels you can try double sided tape. Unpeel the protective covering off one side and wrap that sticky side around the rod. Then peel off the other side and pull the panel pocket over it and squeeze it to the tape. The first time I did this the curtain wanted to stick before I got it all the way over the tape because the tape was about 3 inches wide. So I took that off and cut a piece about an inch or inch and a quarter wide and that worked with the help of a pair of needle nose pliers that I used to keep the panel pocket spread open till I worked with the curtain pocket and got it to the end of the piece of tape and squeezed.

That held the whole time I had those curtains up. However, I'm talking about summery lightweight 63 inch long curtain panels. If yours are heavy this might not work.

Honored Contributor

I bought some cheap panels for my new windows and found at both ends, is just a wide hem, the same width--you could hang them top or bottom and they are the same---what I am going to do is sew a straight line  few inches down from the top,  thus creating the ruffle at the top. really easy and fast fix for me. 

Esteemed Contributor

II agree with the others that you probably need a few more panels. I use pipe cleaners to scrunch or tie up fabric. They can be cut to any length and come in so many colors that it just blends in with the fabric. (also no holes in the delicate fabric) It's just another idea. 

Trusted Contributor

Thanks everybody for your input.

I solved my problem by tying some cord to the end of my Swiffer pole and threading it through the curtain and tying the cord in the back.  Curtains are now reined in!