Honored Contributor

Question (problem) for those that have the Luminar 360 candles and use a remote with them

Did you have any issues with the remote? I have received two different ones and they don't seem to work. I replaced the battery one and still nothing. The little red laser light at the top never comes on either so it makes me thing the remote is the problem but I am also wanting to make sure others who got the 360 candles have actually been able to use the remote because it does state they are remote ready.

Occasional Contributor

Re: Question (problem) for those that have the Luminar 360 candles and use a remote with them

I have these candles and they work just fine with the remote. Either you got a bad set or your remote isn't functioning properly. Does your remote work with any other Luminara candles?

Honored Contributor

Re: Question (problem) for those that have the Luminar 360 candles and use a remote with them

I don't have any other luminara candles and the red light (laser) part is not even lighting up so it must be more of a bad remote. But two bad ones in a row seems odd.

Occasional Contributor

I have 3 remotes and none of them show a red laser light when turning the candles on or off. So your remotes seem fine to me. Must be the candles.

New Contributor

It sounds like you are new to Luminara. SmileWelcome, I love Luminara candles. When you get a new remote there is a clear plastic over the battery with a tab on the bottom. You have to pull the tab out; therefore, activating the battery. Have you removed the tab? The candle will have to be in the ON position if it is in the TIMER position the remote will not work. I hope this helps you.

Honored Contributor

On 2/11/2015 Boxie said:

It sounds like you are new to Luminara. SmileWelcome, I love Luminara candles. When you get a new remote there is a clear plastic over the battery with a tab on the bottom. You have to pull the tab out; therefore, activating the battery. Have you removed the tab? The candle will have to be in the ON position if it is in the TIMER position the remote will not work. I hope this helps you.

Yes I am thank you!

Yes, I saw the plastic tab and pulled them out both times. And yes, I do know the candle has to be in the "on" position, not the timer position.

It still did not work on either remotes. I have the 360 degree luminaras which say they are remote ready. I am going to try a fresh new battery (should be here any day) and if that doesn't work, I am wondering if my luminaras are wonky, except I would kind of doubt that since there are four of them and I doubt all four would be messed up.

Honored Contributor

On 2/8/2015 morechocolate said:

I have 3 remotes and none of them show a red laser light when turning the candles on or off. So your remotes seem fine to me. Must be the candles.

not a red laster light coming out of the remote but at the tip of the remotes is a little light that should turn on when you use the remote. You may not have noticed it before but would you mind checking to see if anything lights up at the very end of the remote when you turn the candle on or off?

New Contributor

You might be right, I bought the 360's and the remote worked fine on them. I ended up sending them back and buying different Luminara candles but it was just my taste in the style. I am sorry I couldn't be of help.

Honored Contributor

On 2/11/2015 Boxie said:

You might be right, I bought the 360's and the remote worked fine on them. I ended up sending them back and buying different Luminara candles but it was just my taste in the style. I am sorry I couldn't be of help.

I appreciate all your suggestions though! Smiley Happy

I was FINALLY able to get the remote to work using a completely new, fresh battery. The battery I replaced it with initially must have been bad too because this new one I just bought works just fine. So happy to be able to use the remote now!