Honored Contributor

Re: Question about using my new electric glass cooktop stove

@Bri369 wrote:

You can put a hot pot anywhere on the cooktop.

Please wait until the cooktop has cooled completely before attempting to clean it.  It's very temping to want to clean it while it's hot/warm.  

@Bri369  THANK YOU,

Honored Contributor

I've had the unfortunate experience of burning myself, and some items also, after I've turned off my glass-top stove. So what I have made myself do is place an empty pot on top of the hot burner so I know not to touch that spot until the top has cooled off.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I've had the unfortunate experience of burning myself, and some items also, after I've turned off my glass-top stove. So what I have made myself do is place an empty pot on top of the hot burner so I know not to touch that spot until the top has cooled off.

@SilleeMee  Good idea

Honored Contributor

Due to limited counter space near the stove I pull items from the oven and put them on the glass top.  I don't have to worry about hunting up a rack for the counter.  I rarely use more than two burners at a time anyway, leaving plenty of space for a roasting pan or cookie sheet.  You will love this stove, I guarantee it.

Regular Contributor

Never drag your pot across the cooktop. Always lift and place it in a new spot---hot or cold, light or heavy. I agree with all of the others.

Respected Contributor

On my glass cooktop stove the bottom left burner is called the fast boil burner and it heats up and is hotter than the others.  I use that burner for boiling, but after it gets going I turn it way down.  I have to watch it because if something boils over I have to wait for it to cool down before I can clean it up.  Sometimes I can use a wet cloth and go over it quickly but it will sizzle.

Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

Due to limited counter space near the stove I pull items from the oven and put them on the glass top.  I don't have to worry about hunting up a rack for the counter.  I rarely use more than two burners at a time anyway, leaving plenty of space for a roasting pan or cookie sheet.  You will love this stove, I guarantee it.

@depglass   don't you worry about scratching the top?

Trusted Contributor

@PilatesLover   That's the same cleaning products I use too.  That's the best out there

@SeaMaiden   I went from a coil stove to glasstop about 3 years ago.  Absolutely love it.  I think it gives more even heating than the coils.  There are some very good tips the ladies have mentioned here.  Once you get used to it you will not miss your coil stove one bit. 

Honored Contributor

My glass top is black - and the sun hits it... The top is clean and I wipe it down until it is dry after each use, but oh my it streaks.  I have tried everything to eliminate the streaks.  My last resort is denatured alcohol....I just need to bring the bottle down from the upstairs and I will give it a try.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden 

The glass top will scratch easily, so every pot and skillet needs to be picked up and moved, do not slide them from burner to burner.   

Yes, your new burners heat up very quickly. I warm my skillets on the #4 setting on my stove dial.  I only use high to bring something to a boil, and stay near the stove during that process since it happens fast.