Honored Contributor

Re: Question about sheets for my adjustable bed.

@Jerri E wrote:

On our mattresses the twin XL fit mattresses best. The rest of bedding is king sized. It is a workout to change the sheets on the bed for sure. 

It certainly was a workout last night when the sheets didn't fit, and I said a few bad words while I was "working out", lol.  Luckily, there is enough room for me to split the beds while I change the bottom sheets.  My DH is disabled and there are many things he cannot do, but long ago he took on the responsibility of washing and changing the sheets. He's a champ - every Friday no matter what, but I'm not sure if this may be a deal breaker.

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

I have bought several split king sets on Amazon from cheap to relatively expensive. Quality varies but I have been happy for the most part. The fitted sheets are automatically Twin XL in these sets.

I find that most king blankets fit perfectly fine and give both of us plenty of blanket - of course you will have to look for Cal King. When looking for comforters I would recommend looking for the term "oversize" in the description.

Honored Contributor

@house_cat 

Unfortunately I don't think the XL twins are going to help you with your Cal King mattresses.

We have regular king sized beds, and need two XL twin boxsprings for them.

So with the Cal King being longer, XL twin sheets are still going to be too short.

You will probably have to search for Cal King sheets specifically.

Honored Contributor

Thanks, ladies.

We've always had a CalKing bed, so I have plenty of blankets and tops sheets and such and they fit nicely on the new bed - it's just the dual mattresses that are puzzling me.  I have a BBB just down the street. I'm going to make my way over there ASAP and check things out in person.

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@froggy 

Thank you. I have 20% coupons for BBB. If I can't do any better than that, I'll order from Amazon.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@house_cat  A CALKING is two full size mattresses together.  A KING is two twin size together.  There are TWIN XL sheets available that give you more length.

kindness is strength