Esteemed Contributor

Question about Today's Luminara Lunchtime Special

[ Edited ]

H198357 is the item number. 

What colors did it come in earlier this morning when first available?  Anyone know?  The video said only icy blue was left at that point in time.  Just wondering whether or not to keep stalking the number today.  Icy blue won't work here.  Thank you!

:-)

QVC Customer Care

Re: Question about Today's Luminara Lunchtime Special

@SHOPR

Icy blue was the only color available today....you might want to check this item number out for a greater color selection H202196.

Beth 

Customer Care

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the answer, @Beth-QVC.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I noticed on these, it does say it has a vanilla scent. I was amazed it listed a scent. Last year, I bought brown ones, said unscented, and those had an overwhelming scent of vanilla mixed with something awful and didn't dissipate (had to return).

But...trying to reserve judgment on the real wax line,  I bought and just received another set in green and kept my fingers crossed that these wouldn't have a scent. And they didn't! 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nomore wrote:

I noticed on these, it does say it has a vanilla scent. I was amazed it listed a scent. Last year, I bought brown ones, said unscented, and those had an overwhelming scent of vanilla mixed with something awful and didn't dissipate (had to return).

But...trying to reserve judgment on the real wax line,  I bought and just received another set in green and kept my fingers crossed that these wouldn't have a scent. And they didn't! 

@Nomore, I have now had in my hands three different styles of Luminara wax candles.  Of those three styles, two have what I'd call a very light, basic vanilla scent.  The third, which are the rustic 360* candles that were offered for a short time last year, have a very strong vanilla scent mixed with I don't know what.  They do remind me of BBW's warm vanilla sugar fragrance a little.  Knowing that there are different scents, even different vanillas, added across the Luminara line, I can understand the frustration of not knowing what to expect. 

Honored Contributor

No Icy blue for me either but the green looks beautiful.  I may have to get those as I can see them in the chocolate pedestals.  I'm loving the thought. 

Honored Contributor

@Nomore wrote:

@Nomore, Hi, I just read that you have the green in these candles.  Do you think the shade of green would look good on the chocolate MG pedestals?  From the pic on the product page it looks like it would.  Thanks

Valued Contributor

lucymo wrote:

@Nomore, Hi, I just read that you have the green in these candles.  Do you think the shade of green would look good on the chocolate MG pedestals?  From the pic on the product page it looks like it would.  Thanks

I have forest green and I like this darker color, it blends well with my tapestry runner for fall because it is a scene of a small town in autumn (only folksy thing I own).  The candles are on dark brown metal pedestals. I have Valerie's MG pedestals from a few years ago when they first came out in chocolate, too! I think the forest green would look good on them.  But I only have 2 candles. I have to use the pedestals for height on my raised fireplace hearth.

@lucymo

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nomore wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

I have forest green and I like this darker color, it blends well with my tapestry runner for fall because it is a scene of a small town in autumn (only folksy thing I own).  The candles are on dark brown metal pedestals. I have Valerie's MG pedestals from a few years ago when they first came out in chocolate, too! I think the forest green would look good on them.  But I only have 2 candles. I have to use the pedestals for height on my raised fireplace hearth.

@lucymo

Thank you for your input.  The pictures actually look a lighter green than the Forest but I like that too.  I got several colors in the square pedestals and also the three piece set of taller ones, a lot of them from 'as is' last year, I think.   Your tapestry runner sounds delightful.  I like to add at least one piece of a different style or color for interest. @Nomore