Contributor

Yes. LVP is luxury vinyl plank. Only bedrooms, closets, loft, hallway. No kitchen or baths b/c those have tile in place and replacement of that is beyond our budget. The promo materials show it in kitchens and bathrooms. I got mine from Home Depot.

Honored Contributor

When you say you don't want tile do you include wood plank tile also?  

Contributor

Here is our master now. 🙂. It  replaced old dingy 20 year old carpet with the occasional dog vomit stain.  Sorry about the dogs, they like to photobomb ever picture and come arunnin whenever I get out the camera.6BAFB4AC-8B0D-4C16-B3B3-3B68B9BE313C.jpeg5E21F77B-3E8A-466E-96B3-2FF9DC68D36E.jpeg

Respected Contributor

@fancy pantsy wrote:

i have tile flooring.  i noticed you said you have a dog, and i will warn you that the tile floor (although i LOVE it) is hard on the doggie's joints when she is playing around and jumping on and off the couch.  

@fancy pantsy I did not know that about tile and doggy paws.  Something to consider for sure. 

Honored Contributor

IMG_3331.jpgHere is the porcelain plank flooring I was talking about (this is my kitchen, but I have it throughout the house):

Respected Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

When you say you don't want tile do you include wood plank tile also?  

@faeriemoon I'll have to check that out.  Never knew such a thing existed.  Thanks.

Honored Contributor

@KentuckyWoman  I posted a picture for you.

Esteemed Contributor

Same here , plan on redoing my flooring . I too have a dog and a young grandchild.  After much reserach , am going with  solid  Hickory  flooring . The new  laminates are more durable  esp with pets and  childrens toys . There's also enginered  hardwood flooring .  I wanted  hardwood that could be resanded if damagaed . It's a tough  decision . Just think ahead of what it would cost to repair if you ever plan to  sell your home in the near future .

Respected Contributor

@faeriemoon I LOVE this!  We will check it out this weekend.  Thanks.

Super Contributor

I have agonized over this a few times.  In an older house I used as a rental, put in regular laminate I got from Costco, do-it yourself.  It really didn't last to long, and the clicking sound was terrible.  That would be a no go for me.  Then we replaced the flooring in our home and chose a pretty high grade LVP.   Looked pretty good, still had scratches but it was 1000% times better then the one from Costco.  It still  kinda had a little clicky sound but I could live with it, the cost was good.  Now, gonna replace another house with flooring:  Gonna save up and buy real hardwoods.  I want the real deal this time. The hardwood add warmth to room and value.  I vote for real wood Smiley Happy