Respected Contributor

Re: Question About Berkshire Throws

[ Edited ]

@NickNack wrote:

@kitcat51 wrote:

My favorite throws are the Berkshire velvet soft so I decided to try a set of fluffies too...I couldn't  throw them away fast enough, they made a fuzzy mess on the furniture, the cat & my clothes.

@kitcat51   I wish I had known this before I ordered the fluffy.

Others really like the fluffy & highly recommend them so not sure what happened with the set I ordered from Q but Yikes I'm not exaggerating, they made an awful mess. If your interested, there's a Velvet Soft Holiday throw on clearance with reduced shipping in two patterns, Beachin Santa & Nutcracker...I bought all the patterns last year, they're really nice, oversized & cat approved. I hope you're pleased with the fluffy...enjoy.

Honored Contributor

PSA 

Marshalls has Berkshire Peanuts blankets $17 

Honored Contributor

There are so many places to buy these, check on line,for prices.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

There are so many places to buy these, check on line,for prices.

@goldensrbest   I did check online and ended up ordering from Amazon.  They're actually coming from Berkshire.  I looked at Macy's because of your tip, and their prices were great.  They didn't have a color that would work with my couch so I ordered from Amazon instead.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Re: Question About Berkshire Throws (UPDATE)

My Extra Fluffy Berkshire throw came today.  It is so soft!  I love it!  It's the perfect color for my sofa.  I don't know about shedding, but I hope it won't be bad.  I've never had a throw that shed.

It shipped quickly.  I ordered it on Sunday from Amazon.  It actually came from Berkshire, which was a third party seller.  I thought it might take a while, but it arrived today (Wednesday).

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I have a ton of Berkshire throws. They wash up well on cold or even warm water if your warm is on the cool side. I've dried them on low heat because no heat cycle takes forever to get them dry, and I've experienced no issues with them. 

And even though they say no fabric softener, they get really static filled in the cold and dry Ohio winter, so I will put literally one teaspoon of fabric softener diluted in the washer too, with no ill effects.

They do wash up well and stay looking pretty nice. 

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

I have a ton of Berkshire throws. They wash up well on cold or even warm water if your warm is on the cool side. I've dried them on low heat because no heat cycle takes forever to get them dry, and I've experienced no issues with them. 

And even though they say no fabric softener, they get really static filled in the cold and dry Ohio winter, so I will put literally one teaspoon of fabric softener diluted in the washer too, with no ill effects.

They do wash up well and stay looking pretty nice. 

@Mominohio   Thank you for the information.  That's good to know.  I ordered some dryer balls from Amazon to use instead of fabric softener.  Several people in this thread recommended them to me.  I ordered the blue nubby balls.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

I'm now debating between the Luxe Faux Fur Throw on QVC or the Extra-Fluffy Throw on Amazon.  There's only a few dollars difference in price, so that's not a factor.  Does anyone have one or both of these and have an opinion?

@NickNack 

I think it all comes down to personal preference, but I hate their "fluffy" line. I found mine to lint everywhere, and it mats up over time too. I had three of that line of blankets and gave them all to Goodwill, I hated them so much. 

I will only buy their velvet line as it stays the most new looking and sheds the least, and even those, I do get some shedding on my bed sheets, but not on the furniture with the throws. 

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@NickNack wrote:

I'm now debating between the Luxe Faux Fur Throw on QVC or the Extra-Fluffy Throw on Amazon.  There's only a few dollars difference in price, so that's not a factor.  Does anyone have one or both of these and have an opinion?

@NickNack 

I think it all comes down to personal preference, but I hate their "fluffy" line. I found mine to lint everywhere, and it mats up over time too. I had three of that line of blankets and gave them all to Goodwill, I hated them so much. 

I will only buy their velvet line as it stays the most new looking and sheds the least, and even those, I do get some shedding on my bed sheets, but not on the furniture with the throws. 

@Mominohio   I ordered the fluffy throw, and it came yesterday.  I love the way it feels and do hope it doesn't shed.  I would have ordered something else if I had read your post first.

-Henry David Thoreau