Honored Contributor

Re: Question About Berkshire Throws

[ Edited ]

I ordered the Berkshire Extra Fluffy Throw 55" x 70" from Amazon.  It's coming directly from Berkshire and will take a couple of weeks to get here.  @Kachina624  I also ordered the nubby balls.  Thanks everyone who told me about those, too.  

I'm anxious to get my throw.  It's been cool in the mornings here and is finally getting down to the 70's and low 80's this week.  It won't really be throw weather until the end of October.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

A word of caution, @NickNack .

I wash mine on gentle, with nothing else in the machine, and they've come out beautiful. They are really nearly dry already, so the dryer tumble is just a few minutes to restore original fluffyness.

But I ruined my favourite one by washing lint-y cotton towels & rugs before the Berkshire. It never occurred to me there would be tiny bits of fluffy, pill-making cotton threads & lint clinging to the inside of the washer walls and agitator.

After several positive washes, you wouldn't believe how raggedy this came out. Looks bad, feels worse.(Cat still loves it.) Still warm tho.

I wipe the washer and dryer out with a damp towel now, before washing anything made of the new fabrics.

I read somewhere "never wash lint givers with lint takers" 

towels just with same always.   too bad about your throw

all the acrylic blend blankets , wash on cold and hang dry 

Honored Contributor

these things are all over HomeGoods/TJMx etc and similar stores 

Esteemed Contributor

I dry mine on air fluff or low. My dryer has a sensor mode so it shuts off when the load is dry. These blankets dry very quickly. I have quite few because I use them in the dogs kennels and throws fhrows for us. They really do wash well and last for years and years. I've supplied our adults kids and their dogs with them as well. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I own four of the Fluffie throws and one queen-size Fluffie blanket. I love them so much. I just wash mine with Nellie's in cold water and dry them on low heat with Woolsies dryer balls until they are almost dry then hang them on my hand rail next to the staircase. Easy peasy.

Valued Contributor

Ha! Agreed! As soon as I put one of my bed, my dog steals it and won't give it back. :-)

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for all the talk about the nubby balls.  I just order some today!

Esteemed Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@x Hedge wrote:

A word of caution, @NickNack .

I wash mine on gentle, with nothing else in the machine, and they've come out beautiful. They are really nearly dry already, so the dryer tumble is just a few minutes to restore original fluffyness.

But I ruined my favourite one by washing lint-y cotton towels & rugs before the Berkshire. It never occurred to me there would be tiny bits of fluffy, pill-making cotton threads & lint clinging to the inside of the washer walls and agitator.

After several positive washes, you wouldn't believe how raggedy this came out. Looks bad, feels worse.(Cat still loves it.) Still warm tho.

I wipe the washer and dryer out with a damp towel now, before washing anything made of the new fabrics.

I read somewhere "never wash lint givers with lint takers" 

towels just with same always.   too bad about your throw

all the acrylic blend blankets , wash on cold and hang dry 

Well, I have written that here, but I can't think of where I read it.  Lol!!

Point was they weren't washed together. Probably weren't washed on the same day.  

And the lint givers still managed to ruin my fluffy. (pouting)

Respected Contributor

My favorite throws are the Berkshire velvet soft so I decided to try a set of fluffies too...I couldn't  throw them away fast enough, they made a fuzzy mess on the furniture, the cat & my clothes.

Honored Contributor

@kitcat51 wrote:

My favorite throws are the Berkshire velvet soft so I decided to try a set of fluffies too...I couldn't  throw them away fast enough, they made a fuzzy mess on the furniture, the cat & my clothes.

@kitcat51   I wish I had known this before I ordered the fluffy.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau