Honored Contributor

Question About Berkshire Throws (UPDATE)

[ Edited ]

I was thinking about ordering a Berkshire throw in a solid color.  The description on QVC's website says machine washable and dryable.  When I look on Amazon the description says if you dry it in the dryer, use an air only setting.  That sounds like it would take forever to dry.  Is that what the throws say when you get them home?  QVC should list them that way.

Are the blankets nice and soft?  Do they wash well?

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Re: Question About Berkshire Throws

I dry mine with heat and a couple of nubby balls.  The come out as fluffy and light as air.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@NickNack: all of the Berkshire blankets and throws I have launder beautifully.

Honored Contributor

I do the same thing as @Kachina624 .  You can get those nubby balls (?) at grocery stores, just about anywhere.

They make everything dry faster.  I never use fabric softner because I wash my face with microfiber cloths and you can't use fabric softner with those.

I don't think you should use fabric softner with the blankets either.

Honored Contributor

I have several Berkshire throws.  I wash them in cold water and dry on low heat, no fabric softener.  They come out as nice as brand new every time, and I wash and dry them often because my cats love them.

Occasional Contributor

Hi, I've bought several for myself and for gifts. I do attach a note with the gift to let them know too wash the blankets in cold water and dry them on low heat; they actually dry fairly quickly (and do not use dryer sheets). Mine are still very soft. Everyone I have bought them for loves them. Hope this helps.

Respected Contributor

Oh, I failed to mention that - the animals DO love them !

Honored Contributor

Thank you @lovedrafthorses  @geezerette  @Annabellethecat66  @Spacrazy  @Kachina624 .  I think I'll order one.  I wouldn't use fabric softener with the throws.  I have a feeling my pets, especially my cat, will be sitting on the throw a lot and wanted to make sure it would wash and dry well.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Some are softer and fluffier than others (is that a real word?   'fluffier' Hummm??

Anyway, I like the one's that are like air.  I have fibromyalgia and anything that is the least bit heavy, I can't sleep with.

Honored Contributor

Check macys.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.