Esteemed Contributor

Re: Quality of pier one furniture

@on the baywrote:

@ccassaday-

I actually saw this in Pier 1 today and it was very pretty-that's why I noticed it.

I opened the drawers and as others said, they were ok/good but not the very best quality.

The one on the floor had a little bit of wood missing.

I got my living room couch from Pier 1 on sale and like it a lot. Its very comfortable.

As others said, I think you can find some good things but I would probably only get them on sale because yes I think they are somewhat overpriced also.

if you can check out homegoods, they have some great real wood pieces for good prices but you have to get them when you see them in the store.

I don’t have a home goods. I think when the time comes I will see if they have it in the store. The one I have been looking at Macy’s is in the store so I will go look at it personally.

Does ebates  work with furniture from Macy’s and pier one?

Honored Contributor

I love those pieces, @ccassaday

Very inviting.  They would welcome you into the room.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

My dining table w/ 6 chairs are from there. Holding up well. 

Also, have two end tables in the living room of theirs  - also no complaints.

Those pieces your looking at are pretty. Nice detail. 👍🏻

-Texas Hill Country-
Respected Contributor

Please never go to Ikea for a bed. We got some end tables they are ok but my daughter got a bed with slats (instead of box spring) with a mattress. It was really bad. Ikea is cheap & finally she got a new mattress with box spring & threw out the Ikea that was all she could afford at the time. Never again. Everything has to be put together so happy husband could do it but it takes a few hours to assemble all of it. Got to have patience but that bed was the worse, she complained of back problems. So happy with this new bed. Be careful of Ikea

Esteemed Contributor

Pier One is my favorite store! I have quite a few accent furniture pieces from them and love them. I find the quality to be good. (no assembly or bery little) I've started to purchase a few of the mirror accent pieces and really like them. They hold more weight than you would think. Not all of these accent pieces are the same quality. I like to scout around before I purchase and I noticed the difference in weight and quality of hindges, etc. in some other stores compared to Pier 1. I don't think you can go wrong there. I also think that they have very good customer service and attention. They really wrap and secure your purchase--no matter the size. I like that I don't have to worry about picking something up at the store and trying to get it home. 

Respected Contributor

@ccassaday

It looks as though the background of the drawer faces are mirrored.  How difficulty will it be to keep them dusted ?

This ability to clean items is always first on my list.  I have put back on the shelf way too many items that were intricate and would require much attention.  I don’t want to spend time unnecessarily cleaning.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

@JIkz: I hear ya! My thought also. Teen years spent detail cleaning of detailed furniture that required wet and dry Q tips, small paint brushes and other item. Often had to lay flat on floor to clean bottom of sofa . Six months ago was furniture shopping for added on large family room. Girl friend tried several times to get me to purchase uncomfortable sofa and love seats with detailed wood carvings. Told her in a friendly words that this was a family room and not a formal room . The entertainment center she loved was oversized and with the mirror finish that was over $1000. The one I chose was beautiful and under $300. Fun to shop with friends but determined to meet my needs and budget. Everything I purchase now must be improved for things like works better or faster, has smaller footprint, not heavy, quieter, efficient and easy to clean!!! Southern Bee