Honored Contributor

Re: QVC removing reviews/bad ratings on a product to get more sales

On 6/8/2014 Kathleen said:
On 6/8/2014 chrisnine11 said:

.... I am watching 130,000 people buy this item and wonder if they are going to have the same issues the past buyers did?

With everything going on in the world, wondering about 130,000 buyers having issues isn't even on my radar.

There's an old expression - from the 16th century: caveat emptor.

Very true! But I'm trying new brands via online purchasing, and many times cancel my order when I see reviews about poor quality or a belief that the product was misrepresented. Sure, we have the return option, but who wants to do it? I would rather have the bad, ugly and good reviews available to make a decision. A complete poof...well that's a red flag. Sorry for those who will be disappointed with this purchase due to deception. Says more about the company as a whole.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Super Contributor

Thanks for the heads up! I just called my daughter and she is cancelling her order! The presentation was shameful. We really fell for the hype.

Esteemed Contributor

You might be able to see reviews somewhere else. Nothing ever really disappears on the Internet. This is not a product that catches my fancy but before I buy I do lots of research as well as look for reviews. It saves me big time.

Honored Contributor

On 6/8/2014 bonnielu said:

You might be able to see reviews somewhere else. Nothing ever really disappears on the Internet. This is not a product that catches my fancy but before I buy I do lots of research as well as look for reviews. It saves me big time.

Hmm maybe. I did a google search for mangano fragrance stick reviews. Everything linked to hsn was gone or a deadend. One link was to amazon, and reviews were bad. It's like HSN scrubbed the internet to remove all product reviews except for secondary markets.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Esteemed Contributor

I thought about purchasing them....but when I could not find any reviews at HSN...I figured something was up...as JM has been selling them for years....I didn't order...

Honored Contributor

On 6/8/2014 circles said:

I thought about purchasing them....but when I could not find any reviews at HSN...I figured something was up...as JM has been selling them for years....I didn't order...

I do like the hangers but that's all. And I'm hearing about breakage with newer versions. Not good for heavy or winter coats yet that's not what is advertised. Cut back on quality to increase profits. Glad to cancel and save myself a trip to the post office for yet another hsn return!

Trusted Contributor

I have seen these at Walmart. I'm not interested.

Contributor

I purchased the hairmax from the Q when it was a TSV. It came with 2 bottles of menoxodyl. After reading the instruction pamphlet it clearly stated that people with thyroid disease/condition should not use it. Gee, thanks for letting me know QVC. Not one single host ever mentioned that people with a thyroid condition should not use the menoxodyl, including the guy selling it! I have hypothyroidism and could not use the menoxodyl. I tried posting a review on menoxodyl trying to warn people but they declined on posting my review. Sad.

Esteemed Contributor

There are a lot of bad reviews on DG2 (Diane Gilman) jeans on HSN. I once had to go through 52 pages of 1-star reviews on one of her jeans before I even got to a 2-star. However, she is another that keeps bringing out the same basic jean under different item numbers, so if I'm looking at a particular style, I go to several different versions to check the reviews.

But I do remember once thinking about purchasing the fragrance sticks and then I read the reviews - THAT changed my mind! Sometimes they make an item no longer available, especially if they "say" it sells out, and you can't even see the info about the item on the day you receive it, let alone see anyone's review. I've received something and had a question about what was said in the presentation, but it's no longer available so I have no way of verifying if it was misrepresented..I've asked CS about this but they just apologize. In the meantime, you get an email asking you to review it....but it's not even there! (And sometimes, I think the reviews are so bad they just remove the whole thing, especially if they're planning to sell it again, or some variation of it).

Respected Contributor

On 6/8/2014 HHC1 said:

Thanks for the heads up! I just called my daughter and she is cancelling her order! The presentation was shameful. We really fell for the hype.

I just realized this thread was posted twice. You cancelled the Forever sticks? Too bad! I LOVE the sticks! As I posted on the other thread, most of the peeps who wrote bad reviews were complaining about the lack of fragrance. The purpose of the sticks is not to mask odor w/ fragrance. The sticks absorb odor. If you want to try them out without spending a lot of money, you might try the ones on clearance. They're only $10.oo. I'm using the clearance sticks, and so far, I'm very happy with them.

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."