Honored Contributor

Re: QVC refuses to adjust shipping charges

I tend to agree with it being fair. If somebody purchased items and then, afterward, the shipping went UP would people be calling them to get QVC to charge them more? Or would they be saying 'hahaha - I paid less'? I'd venture to say the latter. So, it just goes to show that it goes both ways.

Like somebody else said - you win some, you lose some.

I don't see how they should see fit to make exceptions for some people. How far back should they go and for how many millions of people should they break the rules? There is always a starting date for everything, and sometimes an ending date. Otherwise it would be chaos.

Honored Contributor

On 2/2/2015 happy housewife said:

The promotion does not start until today. I too don't understand why you think you should get special treatment.

OK people, it isn't about 'special treatment' it is about good customer service. Companies that value their customers make adjustments when there are big changes like this. The companies don't often go out and just give such adjustments across the board, but if they have a savvy customer call and ask for that, and they value that customer and their business, they will give an adjustment. A customer that feels they have been slighted will be unhappy, may go elsewhere, or not spend as much as they did in the past. In reality, it is a very inexpensive way to retain and keep customers happy and purchasing.

I see absolutely nothing wrong with calling and requesting an adjustment like this from any company, even up to 30 days. Companies who wish to keep good customers will do this. Either they will do it, or they won't, but there is no harm in asking.

Respected Contributor

On 2/2/2015 chickenbutt said:

I tend to agree with it being fair. If somebody purchased items and then, afterward, the shipping went UP would people be calling them to get QVC to charge them more? Or would they be saying 'hahaha - I paid less'? I'd venture to say the latter. So, it just goes to show that it goes both ways.

Like somebody else said - you win some, you lose some.

I don't see how they should see fit to make exceptions for some people. How far back should they go and for how many millions of people should they break the rules? There is always a starting date for everything, and sometimes an ending date. Otherwise it would be chaos.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Trusted Contributor

On 2/2/2015 bonnielu said:

I have resorted to buying elsewhere... places that have free shipping and NO TAX. I have taken my business elsewhere. I buy some things from QVC... not totally eliminated them but I am way down on purchases.

And usually if I don't get the answer I want.... I call back and reach someone who agrees with me. It sometimes takes a few tries.

It's not vendors who charge tax, it's your state. If your state requires tax on items purchased on line, you are responsible for paying it.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Honored Contributor

All this angst over a couple of bucks. My blood pressure and time are worth more than that.

Respected Contributor

Big problem is the online orders haven't kept up with the changes. I placed five orders for Linea items on Jan 28. My S@H simply didn't make sense so I called. The first item was listed as $3.11. I don't pay tax on clothes in my state. The other items did not match the Sand H listed on the website. The first person I spoke to said she'd adjust it. Nothing happened. I called again and was told it would happen during the night. Nada.

Then today I saw the notice. I didn't get an email. I called again. Got CS but got disconnected. Called again. Got a very unpleasant CS person. I still wasn't asking for Feb 2 prices on S and H. She finally said she'd give me eleven cents if I wanted it. I said yes. Then she said she'd give me $4.62 credit.

All apparel items are not yet changed on the website. This was poorly executed. People don't like change but it could have been done better.

I doubt I'll see my $4.62; I'm not calling again. I buy Linea but I have enough to last a long, long time.

Trusted Contributor

Your not getting any discount. They lowered the price on S&H and raised the item prices. I went back and looked at some of my purchases over the past month where shipping was $6.79 etc. the shipping is now $3.00 and the price of the item went up $4.00. I noticed this on several things. Due to the number of items QVC offers, its going to take their IT Dept a little time to update everything. They are just pulling the wool over your eyes!!!!

Regular Contributor

On 2/2/2015 GoodStuff said:

Of course, QVC's regular S&H charges are ridiculous........but if you purchased items subject to those S&H rates, I don't know why you'd expect an "adjustment". The special rates were a promotion for a specific time period. That's not when you shopped.

You hit the target!
Contributor

I ordered an item yesterday that was on wait list with $11.97s/h. Today, the s/h is $7.00. CSR said "sorry" new rate for orders after today.....didn't matter that it is wait listed. Would not adjust my order. So I cancelled it & re-ordered it....it is still wait listed. Come on, I believe that should have been an exception.
Contributor

So, I filled up my truck's gas tank yesterday. $2.10 a gallon. Today gas is $1.89! Think I'll get my money back? I'll return the gas. I will.