Esteemed Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

There is one way in which Zulily could definitely use some improvement. They need to always give item measurements and more thorough descriptions.  

This set of lanterns has no measurements whatsoever.  How many people will pay $65 not knowing their size?

Cream Wooden Lantern - Set of Two

I was over on Zulily again just now, checking on an order status, and now these lanterns have measurements!  Spooky.  

Trusted Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

There is one way in which Zulily could definitely use some improvement. They need to always give item measurements and more thorough descriptions.  

This set of lanterns has no measurements whatsoever.  How many people will pay $65 not knowing their size?

I was over on Zulily again just now, checking on an order status, and now these lanterns have measurements!  Spooky.  

@SHOPR....That is spooky.   Guess when SHOPR speaks THEY LISTEN.   Glad they finally started putting measurements on, or at least this item

JPC

Honored Contributor

@Just Plain Crazy wrote:

@newjersey wrote:

Hi. I'm not familiar with Zulily.  What do they sell?

Hi newjersey,

Spoiler

They are a computer based business.  I don't know too much about them but have ordered before.  I think they are different vendors selling items, anything from clothing to household items and some brand names.  They do have a no return policy unless damaged and their shipping is slow, usually doesn't ship for 2 weeks. 

One good thing about them is they have a one time shipping each day and after your 1st item, all other shipping is free  (hope that doesn't change)  I do think they charge for shipping on bigger items. 

You'll have to check them out.

I am sure some of our other posters can explain it more fully or better than I have

JPC

Zulily is the greatest place in the world to buy shoes.  They buy manufacturing excess, brand-new stuff that has never been tried on.  Not a crease in the tissue paper.  They carry all the name brands, Clark's, Alegria, Soft Spots, Ryka, Taos, Naturalizer, Walking Cradles, Drew, etc.  I've ordered literally dozens of pairs.  Their shipping is very slow and occasionally they'll not get your merchandise and cancel your order, but the prices make it worthwhile.

They have changed their return policy and you can now return many items for store credit.

They carry all sorts of household items, rugs, furniture, outside lawn and garden stuff, decorative things, clothing, and lots of stuff for kids.  Lots of holiday stuff.

They feature new items every day and you only have a couple of days to select, then they're gone.

Im very sorry to hear QVC has its finger in the pie.  They'll probably ruin it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

SHOPR & JPC, would you think any less of me if I confess I might ponder the thought of ordering w/o measurements???  I looove these.  Coastal, Halloween/Fall??  Shame on you SHOPR, wagging my left pointer finger at you, lol.  I have never shopped Zulily.  However, being in the business that I am, it doesn't surprise me & JPC, spooky doesn't even cut it.  

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Just Plain Crazy wrote:

@newjersey wrote:

Hi newjersey,

Spoiler

They are a computer based business.  I don't know too much about them but have ordered before.  I think they are different vendors selling items, anything from clothing to household items and some brand names.  They do have a no return policy unless damaged and their shipping is slow, usually doesn't ship for 2 weeks. 

One good thing about them is they have a one time shipping each day and after your 1st item, all other shipping is free  (hope that doesn't change)  I do think they charge for shipping on bigger items. 

I am sure some of our other posters can explain it more fully or better than I have

JPC

Zulily is the greatest place in the world to buy shoes.  They buy manufacturing excess, brand-new stuff that has never been tried on.  Not a crease in the tissue paper.  They carry all the name brands, Clark's, Alegria, Soft Spots, Ryka, Taos, Naturalizer, Walking Cradles, Drew, etc.  I've ordered literally dozens of pairs.  Their shipping is very slow and occasionally they'll not get your merchandise and cancel your order, but the prices make it worthwhile.

They have changed their return policy and you can now return many items for store credit.

They carry all sorts of household items, rugs, furniture, outside lawn and garden stuff, decorative things, clothing, and lots of stuff for kids.  Lots of holiday stuff.

They feature new items every day and you only have a couple of days to select, then they're gone.

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Just Plain Crazy wrote:

@newjersey wrote:

Hi newjersey,

Spoiler

JPC

Their shipping is slow because they don't stock merchandise.  When we order the brands send the items to Zulily and they ship to us.  At least that's what they say on their info page.  They do have some good deals.  Hopefully, things won't change with QVC in the mix.

Valued Contributor

JPC~ Hello, hope you and Mr Crazy are doing well! That is interesting about the Q buying Zulilly. Zulilly has wonderful customer service right now (all of us ordered those pretty gold finials, only to find that they had issues). I'm sure that policy will change in the future.

Bad decision, though, if this comes to pass. If you treat customers right, they will come back and buy more. 

Honored Contributor

Zulily has been shipping faster.  Today I got an order I placed week-before-last.

I've had wonderful CS from them.  If I contact them by email, I get a response in minutes.  If they have to cancel an order because a merchant didn't deliver, they give a $10, credit.  I bet that ceases with stingy ole QVC.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@BornToShop wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

SHOPR & JPC, would you think any less of me if I confess I might ponder the thought of ordering w/o measurements???  I looove these.  Coastal, Halloween/Fall??  Shame on you SHOPR, wagging my left pointer finger at you, lol.  I have never shopped Zulily.  However, being in the business that I am, it doesn't surprise me & JPC, spooky doesn't even cut it.  

@BornToShop...Love these too BTS.  Have you placed your order yet since they posted the measurements???  Doesn't surprise me a bit that you would like these, what isn't there to like.  I really like their rustic look and to have 2 of them is even better.

JPC

Trusted Contributor

@rosehill wrote:

JPC~ Hello, hope you and Mr Crazy are doing well! That is interesting about the Q buying Zulilly. Zulilly has wonderful customer service right now (all of us ordered those pretty gold finials, only to find that they had issues). I'm sure that policy will change in the future.

Bad decision, though, if this comes to pass. If you treat customers right, they will come back and buy more. 

@rosehill...Mr Crazy and I are doing okay rosehill.  Hope all is well with your and yours.  I agree about it being a bad decision if it does come to pass.  We all know they can't leave well enough alone and will make changes and not for the better. 

JPC

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Zulily has been shipping faster.  Today I got an order I placed week-before-last.

I've had wonderful CS from them.  If I contact them by email, I get a response in minutes.  If they have to cancel an order because a merchant didn't deliver, they give a $10, credit.  I bet that ceases with stingy ole QVC.

@Kachina624...yep, things will change and not for the better, I am sure