Super Contributor

Hello everyone!

I am considering purchasing a mattress from QVC or HSN.  I have never done this before, and am wondering if someone in the forum has done so.  What was your experience with purchasing a mattress without trying it out first and would you do it again if you had to.  

Respected Contributor

Good morning!  I did a search of the forums and found many posts on this same topic.  Maybe the responses will answer some of your questions!

https://community.qvc.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?advanced=false&allow_punctuation=false&q=... 

Honored Contributor

Have you price shopped?  A lot of places have big sales going on this weekend.  I'll bet you could find a good mattress in your area that wouldn't be so difficult to return.

For me, I'd never buy a mattress without trying it out. I know what I like but it's difficult to trust blurbs online about how they would fit my body. 

JMO

Esteemed Contributor

Bought a Sealy from Q - then back for amother for guest room.    About 4 yrs ago and still enjoying them.

These not in a box type -regular like from a store.

Honored Contributor

@Msfitness --I bought a bed in a bag about 8 years ago from a company in NYC--called Helix. This is when those type of things were very new. I got to actually have it custom made for me as that was their thing at that time. I answered a bunch of questions about how I sleep, the temperature I like the way I sleep and a few others---I got the mattress in about 2 weeks, was free shipping too and had 100 nights to decided if I liked it or not. Well--I LOVED it from the first night!! I ordered the full size and paid $750 for it. I still have it---It is still very comfy and not broken down. I don't need a foundation mattress --I turn it from side to side every 6 months--altho I don't need to. And they would have had a donation place come get it if I didn't like it and I wouldn't have to pay for anything. Was a great decision on my part. 

Honored Contributor

Yes, I've purchased a mattress without trying it out. The Beautyrest we had was plush, but too firm for our taste. Plus, it was nine years old. I read up on softer mattresses and ordered one that is medium plush. My first choice was Saavata which has been discussed on these boards, but I without being able to try it, found something much cheaper.

Super Contributor

@AuntG thank you so much for responding!  I am looking for something soft too.  Eight years ago, I purchased a medium firm from Macy's because I did not want anything too soft.  They did not have a pillow top as I had prior.  I have been uncomfortable, but not miserable on that mattress for 10 years because I did not want to pay them an additional $100 to pick it up with the allocated timeframe for returns. Also, to start all over again trying out mattresses and having to not have a mattress until I found another.  I will look into the ones that you mentioned.  I just don't feel like trying out mattresses in the stores because I get so confused. Smiley Very Happy

Super Contributor

@Ainhisg oh, thank you so much!!

Super Contributor

No, I have not price shopped yet.  The last time I tried so many mattresses at the stores, that I got so confused.Smiley Very Happy I ended up getting one that was not right for me.  I will call around tomorrow at the stores and then go out to sample the fit and see what happens.  Thank you so much for your advice!  

Super Contributor

@fthunt I've heard about the non-traditional ones that you are talking about.  I will look into those as well.  Thank you so much for your input!!