New Contributor

Re: QVC Christmas in July 2014

On 7/18/2014 Christmasnut said:

Well we like to enjoy it twice a year!

I agree Christmasnut, I enjoy it twice a year. To have the feeling of Christmas and it's meaning twice a year is the best. I try to keep it in my heart all year round.
Honored Contributor

CIJ thoughts inspired this purchase. CIJ inspires me to think of my home decor by ""shopping my home."" I don't do this during the school year.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Super Contributor

I Like it also! I really get some super ideas that I can plan for. They showcase a lot of nice things. Love to see Lisa Robertson's presentations.

Honored Contributor

On 7/7/2014 chrystaltree said:

I never watch, I don't understand it and it's of no interest to me. I avoid it...everywhere, not just here. But, I'm happy for those who enjoy. I do love Christmas, real Christmas.

I agree.

Next week is the annual Garden Walk and I have to get my garden ready for the visitors. Last year there were over 30,000 people who walked the route over 2 days.

This year, My house is on a AAA bus tour on Friday night.

So I'm glad there's nothing to watch on TV!

Honored Contributor

On 7/18/2014 champagnepoodle said:

I Like it also! I really get some super ideas that I can plan for. They showcase a lot of nice things. Love to see Lisa Robertson's presentations.

ITA, champagnepoodle! I like her shows and VPH's too... throw in a little Jim Shore (just a bit) and I'm good to go!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Regular Contributor

My stars! Have you seen VPH gingerbread lamps? How about Jim Shore's musical angel? CIJ will be worth it for just those 2.

Trusted Contributor

I never watch, I don't understand it and it's of no interest to me. I avoid it...everywhere, not just here. But, I'm happy for those who enjoy. I do love Christmas, real Christmas.

ITA. Just not ready for flashlights and eel skin wallets yet. Still enjoying summer!

Trusted Contributor

On 7/18/2014 berry50 said:

My stars! Have you seen VPH gingerbread lamps? How about Jim Shore's musical angel? CIJ will be worth it for just those 2.

Hi berry50: I agree about both items you mentioned. I actually just ordered the Jim Shore Santa and I did the auto delivery for the remaining 3 that he has coming out during the year. You will have to let me know how you like the angel. I am a Jim Shore Santa collector so I couldn't pass this one up but his angels are usually awesome. Hope you enjoy it! I am trying to wait and see the presentations on the gingerbread items. There are so many that I'm not really sure yet how to incorporate them into my current decorations. I could just go nuts and get so many, but I want to be sure I have a chance to see them on-air and decide which ones to get. If I'm not careful, my hubby might revoke my credit card privileges. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Super Contributor

On 7/18/2014 Phantom41 said:

ITA. Just not ready for flashlights and eel skin wallets yet. Still enjoying summer!

Who really is ever ready for those items? My guess is that it will still be summer on Monday..well actually now right on through September. I'm willing to bet that CIJ lovers enjoy Summer too. I mean it lasts for 3 months. I bet we enjoy outdoor pool parties, vacations, etc. It doesn't all end on a CIJ weekend LOL!

Super Contributor

FYI Christmas as we know it is actually Christianized Winter Solstice. Jesus was actually born some time during the warmer months because shepherds did not keep their sheep out in the fields during the winter months. Research it. So "real" Christmas is not in December.