Valued Contributor

Re: Pulled out the stove and fridge and cleaned.

We have no pets and when we babysit our friends Great Dane usually for a week I cannot wait to scrub and scrub everything. I try and keep up with the hair and drool everyday but it's not enough. Five minutes after he goes home I am like a possessed cleaning lady, my eyes probably turn red. But afterwards I can sit back and enjoy the fresh scent and feeling of cleanliness. Ahhhhhhhhhhh!

Sometimes the strength within you is not a big fiery flame for all to see. It is just a tiny spark that whispers ever so softly "You Got This - Keep Going"
Honored Contributor

@SandPiper wrote:

We have no pets and when we babysit our friends Great Dane usually for a week I cannot wait to scrub and scrub everything. I try and keep up with the hair and drool everyday but it's not enough. Five minutes after he goes home I am like a possessed cleaning lady, my eyes probably turn red. But afterwards I can sit back and enjoy the fresh scent and feeling of cleanliness. Ahhhhhhhhhhh!

@SandPiper

What a great friend you are!

I have a dog (and two cats), and I love a clean house.

I could never ask a friend who didn't have pets to take mine in like that. I'd feel so bad because I know how much work they are to keep up after, and how hard pets are on a house. They really do cause wear and tear. 

Bless your heart for being so kind to both your friend and the precious dog as well. 

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

And to address the OP's question, I feel so much better when the windows are washed and the curtains all washed, ironed and rehung. Makes the rooms look so much brighter.

And that's when you realize how dingy they really were!

Honored Contributor

My DH and I have spent the last two days  cleaning and restraining our huge deck.  The railings, the built in furniture and the pergola are stained solid white and were looking pretty bad.

It looks so much better now with a fresh coat of white, but still isn't finished yet.  We ran out of stain and will have to get some more and finish up tomorrow. And then... we can stain the floor.  I can't wait until it is finished.

It is 90 degrees here today and a little too hot for this kind of work, but it needs to get done before we get more rain.

Esteemed Contributor

I feel very good after i complete the following:

1.   clean all the windows/screens

2.   File all the filing i have had in a folder for 3 or more 

months and shredding the no longer needed items

3.   And it makes me feel good to get the car washed and waxed

I could actually list a bunch more...but these came to mind...always loved my projects!!

Valued Contributor

@Mominohio

What a great friend you are!

I have a dog (and two cats), and I love a clean house.

I could never ask a friend who didn't have pets to take mine in like that. I'd feel so bad because I know how much work they are to keep up after, and how hard pets are on a house. They really do cause wear and tear. 

Bless your heart for being so kind to both your friend and the precious dog as well. 

We love Buster. We have been babysitting him since he was 8 weeks old. My husband and I are "dog people". We both had dogs growing up and a Dalmatian when we got married. But we travel a lot now and so we get our "dog fix" by watching Buster. I should ask them to give him a crew cut before he comes over. Woman Happy

Sometimes the strength within you is not a big fiery flame for all to see. It is just a tiny spark that whispers ever so softly "You Got This - Keep Going"
Honored Contributor

When I had a cat, all the fur seemed to end up under the appliances.  My dog lived in our attached garage and he shed all over the place too.

Honored Contributor

I hate to clean so the last time my fridge was cleaned was 2 years ago. My husband helped me move it to clean behind and under it , then it took me another week to clean out the inside. I had horseradish that was out of date in 2015. I really need to find someone to come in and clean, even if it's only seasonal.

Esteemed Contributor

Last year, my neighbor called a repairman to fix her refrigerator which stopped working - and it was caused by all the dust under it.

I use a long bristle brush - which I bought on the Q years ago. I remove the plastic grill on the bottom of my refrigerator and remove the dust with the brush - which I then vacuum. 

I do the same for the washer/dryer.

Don't forget to rinse the filter in ur dryer once or twice a month.

Lowes also carries this type of brush.

I just had my carpet cleaner guy --- steam vac my sofa, 3 club chairs and the seats on 4 dining room chairs. 
I'm a clean freak.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I have not done that with the fridge for over 20 years... the stove  even longer as it came with the house....  can not even guess the crud that would be under them!  
Do not want to know!

Wow I couldn't stand living in my house knowing about the dirt left undisturbed. Yuck.

"Pure Michigan"