Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: “Provence” in California

Certainly, the property has a certain appeal, but perhaps a bit too earthy (and rocky) to make it onto my Top 10 list... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Quite unique.  I'm not a fan of moss on the kitchen chandelier from the standpoint of cleanliness.

Esteemed Contributor

Beautiful!
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

Wishing them safety and well this summer (and always).  

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Unique and beautiful home, the grounds are GORGEOUS! .....  I think the rock is a bit overdone....and I do NOT like the furnishings in photo #5 and #8

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I usually love beautiful stone homes, but this seems overdone to me.  It's almost like "Provence Meets The Flintstones."  

I think what often happens when someone tries to replicate or reimagine an indigenous style is they overdo it.  It can be easy to go a little too far and lose some of the original charm and natural appeal that makes stone homes so beautiful.  This looks very forced to me.  I do love some of the features, just not overall.