Esteemed Contributor

Re: Project: What Would You Do?

@lolakimono - Great job! Love the color and idea. When I suggested a water feature I did not realize they were wood. 

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono 

Thanks for posting this, I always enjoy tour posts so much!

Having followed along with your ‘Lamp Challeng” I saw the high level of creativity you bring to your projects!  Knowing nothing I came up with could meet your standards, I waited and watched.

You did not disappoint!  Great idea and execution. Being a BullDog myself when I Pursue something, I admire your tenacity.

*** Would you mind sharing your total OOP cost?

Looking forward to your next challenge.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Valued Contributor

@lolakimono   You must be feeling such a sense of accomplishment and satisfaction at your end result. That was a lot of work, but the finished product is so unique. It will be functional as well as a joy to look at---great job!

I admire how you have done so much to personalize your classroom space. Those pieces all contain part of your personality and spirit, and speaks volumes to how you pour your heart out into your profession. 

If only the world had more lolakimonos in it Smiley Happy

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@lolakimono 

Thanks for posting this, I always enjoy tour posts so much!

Having followed along with your ‘Lamp Challeng” I saw the high level of creativity you bring to your projects!  Knowing nothing I came up with could meet your standards, I waited and watched.

You did not disappoint!  Great idea and execution. Being a BullDog myself when I Pursue something, I admire your tenacity.

*** Would you mind sharing your total OOP cost?

Looking forward to your next challenge.

@Drythe 

Spoiler
I would guess about $50, but BF bought the spray paint, so I didn't have to spend that much.  I already had the fabric and the duct tape, so it was just buying the lamp kit stuff and the copper tubing.
Respected Contributor

@lolakimono 

You did a great repurposing job with these trays.  First, your vision, then determination & creativity .. you did not disappoint!

Congratulations & hope you get plenty of use with it in your classroom.  The color will add cheerfulness in a sometimes "dreary" classroom.

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono   I really like what you came up with. I love to see people repurpose things. Have you ever watched the mother/daughter team on hgtv show called "Good Bones".  That mother sure comes up with lots of ways to repurpose and comes up with some really good ideas. Today, I saw  a set of bowls online painted and made into a wall arrangement that I really them, too.

Honored Contributor

@jubilant wrote:

@lolakimono   I really like what you came up with. I love to see people repurpose things. Have you ever watched the mother/daughter team on hgtv show called "Good Bones".  That mother sure comes up with lots of ways to repurpose and comes up with some really good ideas. Today, I saw  a set of bowls online painted and made into a wall arrangement that I really them, too.

@jubilant 

Thank you!

I like having projects, when I have time for them, but now with all of my classroom stuff stored temporarily in my basement, I don't want to collect too many "when I have time" things.  

There are lots of fun items on Shopgoodwill.com, and I like that it benefits others.  Then it's not too expensive if it doesn't work out exactly as I pictured.

Respected Contributor

@lolakimono   Love your finished product - great job.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My first reaction is it is oriental.  I could see one of those slanted trees (name escapes me at the moment).    Bonsi tree with a small waterfall going down each tier. (This of course, if the wood were not  to be ruined by water.)

They are beautiful, whatever the use.

Honored Contributor

@riley1 wrote:

@lolakimono - Do they come apart? If not, maybe your guy can find out how to install a small motor and make a water feature? 

Or a small garden with succulents?

I have no idea, lol

My VERY FIRST THOUGHT! How CLEVER of you BOTH. I can practically hear the soothing ripples from the slow moving water and/or see the Zen sand around the Jade Plants already.

Definitely one of a kind! CLEVER PURCHASE!