Valued Contributor

Re: Project: What Would You Do?

What would I do?

I'd head straight to the QVC forums and post asking @lolakimono 

what she recommends lol....

I've heard she is pretty good with this stuff.

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Respected Contributor

@lolakimono  I am not very good with ‘projects’ but here goes.

As they are wood I would drill a  hole through the middle of the stack then thread a wire - or decorative string/raffia, etc., down through middle and use spacers to segregate each dish on the way down.

I would hang this from hook in corner of my patio and decorate each dish with either succulents (in small pots so water does not destroy dish -  coloured stones, small statues, carvings, etc,, anything you like.  You could also hang small bells in between then you have a wind chime too!

I exhausted from all that ‘inventing’ told you not very good lol!  Enjoy your project.

Super Contributor

At first I saw a water feature, with stones, rocks even wooden sticks and shiny rocks..    But after thinking a while longer,   I now see a Christmas tree, place something point on the top one,some fairy lights, tiny picks , oraments, Ribbon picks,  all in artifical so not to damage the wooden bowls.

Respected Contributor

@lolakimono 

Well, I'll give it a shot .. but warning you I'm not an imaginative type person.

I'm thinking a water fountain because of all the tiers.  Seems to me the water would flow perfectly.

Honored Contributor

I'd put candles in them and create a candle scape.

Esteemed Contributor

I would leave them stacked and put pretty pebbles on the top one with a bamboo plant 

Honored Contributor

@sceniccoast   @qvcfreak    They are wood so anything using water would ruin them.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Drill a hole in the center of each dish.  Thread in a rod with spacers between dishes to keep them apart Mount on a base (use the small dish?). Wire for electricity and mount a harp to hold shade.  Choose a shade to enhance the lamp.

I might consider a verdigris finish for the whole thing.  I'm notsure..depends on the rest of the room.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I would turn this into a 3 tier serving tray with 8" spaces in between each tray.  You could use it as a dessert tray (cupcakes, cake, cookies) for a party.  Or as a condiment tray for your dining table.  Or you could decorate it with flowers and/or small plants. Another idea would be to store your favorite coffee/tea mugs.

Sample condiment tray:

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

I like them as they are. I wouldn’t change them. I’d use them as decorative objects for holding smaller items in my home. If using them mainly in the kitchen & dining areas I also like the idea of keeping them nestled in a display cabinet when not in use.