Esteemed Contributor

Professor Amos Drain cleaner

It's today's special over at HSN- there are tons of very positive reviews. It seems pricey for a 2 pack, considering I buy a larger 2 pack of Drano Ultra at Costco for about $10. Is the Professor Amos product really that good?

Regular Contributor

Re: Professor Amos Drain cleaner

It won't hurt your drains wear as the others will eat up the inside of them for sure. And that stuff stinks and Amoss doesn't. I love his.
Honored Contributor

The product is that good and worth the cost. The bottles that are included in the TS are larger than the previous ones. I'm ordering even though I still have an almost full one from last year.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Super Contributor

I use this occasionally, especially in my bathroom sink... it really does do the job and is much less caustic and dangerous than the liquid plummer junk on the market. I always keep it on hand and did get in on this special of the day.

Esteemed Contributor

I think I'll give it a try, thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

Has anyone tried his Shock It Clean Extreme product? The demos looked convincing (cynical me!) - and for jewelry it seemed really good!

Respected Contributor

This did not work for me at all. Good luck!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Any plummer will tell you NOT to use Drano. That stuff burns your pipes, and it's toxic to your environment. The Professor's stuff is kind to plumbing and it works!

The Professor's Shock It Clean is good too. It's sometimes a concession of not getting the best results when using many of the non toxic cleaning products, but Shock It works as well as my standby fav Simple Green.