Respected Contributor

Re: Product recommendation: woolen dryer balls

I liked Nellies drier balls ... but the noise drove my husband batty .....!!

Respected Contributor

The laundry room happens to be adjacent to his man cave !!!

Poor baby .....

Honored Contributor

I have used woolie balls---for a few years now--got 6 of them from AMZ for under $12. I don't use any fabric softener at all and my clothes are fine. I also use Nellies washing soda. You can drop essential oils on the woolies if you want a scent---heard that after you do that you need to put them in the dryer and run them alone,  for 15 minutes before using them with clothes. haven't done that yet. But these woolies can end up in the sleeves of things--so if you are missing one--check the sleeves.

Honored Contributor

I haven't used fabric sheets or fabric softener liquid in years.  Have 3 dryer balls I purchased at Marshall's--wool type.  Not sure they serve any purpose.  

Honored Contributor

I've never used softener or dryer sheets. I just put white vinegar in the rinse cycle and use the wool dryer balls. I've not found they leave lint on dark clothing.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've been using the Woolzies brand dryer balls for a few years. Here's a couple of things you need to know about wool dryer balls before you use them. First, you need to use more balls than you think. Three balls for a very tiny load and six or more for medium to large loads. This insures that the balls get in between the layers of items while they tumble around. The more balls you use, the faster stuff will dry. One other thing you might find helpful is when you use the balls for the first time, there might be some light shedding so it's a good idea to use the balls on light-colored things first. Then after that the balls will have very little shedding, if any at all.

On the Woolzies dot com site there is a FAQ link at the bottom of their homepage. That FAQ page has a lot info about dryer balls...the what, how and where. 

Respected Contributor

I have been using them for years. Purchased mine from HSN. They really do work well.

Trusted Contributor

Love dryer balls, and kept giving them away. So I started to felt my own. Easy and fun project. Many tutorials online.