Honored Contributor

Pretty and Bright Sitting Room...

I'm enjoying the work of decorator Mark Sikes quite a bit these days. If I could afford to have him come and do my home I'd be sorely tempted. The only thing is he clearly adores blue and while I think it's a beautiful color, it's not among my favorites for interiors, other than for accessories... I thought I'd feature some of his work... Unfortunately, I've had to edit down some of the pictures to meet the size requirements for posting on these boards...

AD060119_DISC_SIKES_FRICK_09 - Edited.jpg

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Re: Pretty and Bright Sitting Room...

Very fresh, uplifting space.  I like his work too.  It's quite layered-- I might have to thin out the accessories just a bit, but love the mood, the repetition of arches, the light and the view.

Esteemed Contributor

You are right about to many tchotchkes. I love the big window. It is a beautiful inviting room. 

Honored Contributor

WIsh I could have posted the larger image of this pretty room. There are more arched windows along the other side of the room, bringing in beautiful light. I think one of the several things that draws me to Sikes is his use of lots of blue and white porcelains and ginger jars, which I like so much.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

I agree with some r the others... beautiful room, just too full. I would remove quite a few of the items in it, but I would keep the blue and white porcelain!

Respected Contributor

a beautiful room, but i would prefer warmer colors. 

Trusted Contributor

I like it, especially because I live in deep South.  Only thing, although I like lots of stuff in a room, this room has a little too much stuff.  Time consuming to clean--I'd have to call in my maid..Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I don't care for the printed sofa, but the room looks comfortable.

Esteemed Contributor

Nice gathering place

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Esteemed Contributor

Too cluttered for my taste 👎