window-seat.jpg

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

Re: Pretty Window Seat Nook...

Really pretty area !!!!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Very pretty but also totally useless.  The window seat, that is.   Nothing wrong with that; just saying.   

Honored Contributor

Quite pretty @stevieb.   I don't see it as useless at all.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Respected Contributor

@Tique

I'm not arguing at all , just wondering how you would use it.   If you sit on it you have no back support at all.   How long can one sit there without back support?  If you don't use it for sitting, what do you use it for?    

Honored Contributor

@Bridgegal wrote:

@Tique

I'm not arguing at all , just wondering how you would use it.   If you sit on it you have no back support at all.   How long can one sit there without back support?  If you don't use it for sitting, what do you use it for?    

@Bridgegal   admittedly it would be a little tricky but I would use a pillow. To support the small of your back, the pillow doesn't have to come all the way up. I'm basing this on a lovely little pillow I used to use on my office chair. That darn chair was supposed to the best offered at the time but it didn't give me back support where I needed it. If I wanted to stretch out, I would brace against the wall again with a pillow to provide additional comfort/support.

Another thing to use it for would be a table. Remove the cushions and place food/drinks or other items like magazines, vases, etc.

Thank you for asking - not arguing.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

@Bridgegal wrote:

@Tique

@Bridgegal

I would stretch out on it, using the pillows for support for reading or just gazing out the window, enjoying nature.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

Very pretty.  I like the colors.

I have one of those and I have two chairs and a table flanking it, but the window itself is home to plants and colored glass objects (south-facing, so it's pretty when the light comes in, even from outside).

When I bought the house, I sat in the window with my agent to sign off on some inspection items.  That was the only time.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

I like the it however I’d change the rug and put in a comfortable chair.

Honored Contributor

@Bridgegal wrote:

Very pretty but also totally useless.  The window seat, that is.   Nothing wrong with that; just saying.   

Window seats, even loaded with pillows, look like they'd be extremely uncomfortable to spend much time in.  There's no suitable support for a person's back and I think my legs would be very uncomfortable.   You never see a picture of a person actually using one.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment