Esteemed Contributor

@steviebI love the tablescape and the wood on the table is just beautiful.  China for different seasons is a weakness of mine; luckily, I don't have the room for all that I would like to have.

I do think that a crisp white tablecloth (or even spring green) would look lovely on the table.  

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Trusted Contributor

@stevieb   Just so beautiful and elegant !!!

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Beautiful setting. I love the vibrancy of the colors they chose. I love that it doesn’t have a table cloth. There are some beautiful table cloth out there but they can look dowdy on a table, to me anyway.
But I do see the elegance of a crisp white cloth in the right setting. Maybe in this setting they could have used nice place mats. It’s still very beautiful!
Esteemed Contributor

I could not eat with those flowers so close to my plate like that. And how would you converse across the table?  Remove the flowers and it’s okay. 

Honored Contributor

@Carol Diane wrote:

I love beautiful tablescapes.  I used to watch the ending of Sandra Lee's cooking show just to see her table setting.  Don't bring up my passion to my husband.  We had to convert an entire room to house my collection of glasses and dishes.  @stevieb , very, very pretty.  I enjoyed viewing it.

@Carol Diane  Glad you and most others seem to have enjoyed this little vignette. I too have far too many dishes but for a time found it hard to resist such pretty patterns. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@nova wrote:

@stevieb   That is just beautiful!  I'd like to be invited to the table.Woman Happy

@nova  Glad you like it. Sorry, it's not my table or I'd happily invite you over for lunch...

Honored Contributor

@bellanonna wrote:

So beautiful.  Especially love the floral dishes and centerpiece.  Any info on the floral dishes shown? 

The color scheme of centerpiece is gorgeous.  

Thanks for sharing!

@bellanonna  I don't have any information on the pattern but should I come across it, I'll post it for you.

New Contributor

Love the color scheme with or without a tablecloth. I just have to get those floral plates but where or who makes them? I envision an English tea being enjoyed here!

Respected Contributor

Re: Pretty Tablescape...

[ Edited ]

It’s the rich wood table contrasted with the botanical theme that I like. A jewel of a garden discovered in the ancient woods....

Honored Contributor

Re: Pretty Tablescape...

[ Edited ]

It's just an ordinary dark wood table. There is nothing rich about it. I have never been in a restaurant, even mid range, that had bare tables. If they wanted to show contrast, linen tablecloths come in rich dark colors. Even when eating outside at picnic tables, unless it's the paper plates and napkins affair, tablecloths are required.

Tablecloths also prevent the sound of glassware being returned to the table's hard surface. That's the reason the pad under the tablecloth is called a silent.