Honored Contributor

I like this room. I love all the windows with a view of the outside. The white, blue, & green color scheme is pleasing to me. The furnishings are nice. 

I would prefer a lighter color wood or tile floor.  I would also prefer solid blue or green chairs with the print being just on the pillows.

EF996516-1901-49FD-95E3-9FBBF210390C.jpeg

Respected Contributor

Re: Pretty Room with Windows

@wilma  I agree this is a beautiful room, love all the windows but my first thoughts were it could be the sun/conservatory room of a nursing home or club meeting center.  

I think it is the size of the room and all the seating around made me think of this.  Only thing I do not care for is the white magazine rack.  A lovely sunny room.  Thanks fir sharing.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's a nice enough space, but there's something about it that's a miss for me. I don't care for the rug and it, along with some of the fabric choices, make the space look almost commercial. Added to that, the room seems both spare and a bit cluttered at the same time. Maybe that's because, to me, there are too many smaller tables, benches and stools, etc, whereas the room is large enough to accommodate more sizable pieces. Finally, while I love all those widows, there needs to be some way to cover them and there doesn't appear to be. For me, regardless of the privacy level, completely bare windows don't work and don't look finished, especially at night. Wthout some sort of window covering one might also guess the room is a chore to heat in winter or to cool in summer.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I love the room and it is very uplifting. All the light is wonderful. I also really like the chairs but I would take the throw pillows off of them so you could really see the chairs.

Honored Contributor

That's odd because it is pretty much what I described for that other smaller room we saw on this board that had the all brown furniture.

That's the furniture style and coloring I was thinking of.  Even the table is more like what I would have put in that room. 

Esteemed Contributor

too light and bright for me....

Honored Contributor

That's a very nice room. Reminds me of the common area of a senior living apartment complex. The only change I might make is to a more neutral colored rug.

Esteemed Contributor

It's a miss for me and I don't really know why.  I just don't like it!

Respected Contributor

👎

Respected Contributor

It's very pretty, but doesn't have a "homey" feel to me.  More like a fancy waiting area.  

I can't imagine trying to escape sun in your eyes in a room like that.  My church is a half-circle design with windows all around.  There are spots you can't sit on a sunny day without the sun glaring right in your eyes!  Not comfortable.