Honored Contributor

Re: Pretty French Inspired Dining Nook...

@homedecor1 wrote:

@DREAMON 

The homes in Society Hill outside Philly were beautiful.  My family had relatives in Elkins Park.  As kids we would drive out  to the city on Sundays.  Then to Rittenhouse Square for dinner at Bookbinders...yummy lobster🦞

Not sure how the area is now.  

@homedecor1 ,

The homes in the places you mentioned are still gorgeous. We moved to the Jersey Shore in 2011 but have numerous family and friends still there.

We too LOVED Bookbinders!!!

Respected Contributor

Way too much pink....not for me!

Honored Contributor

@tobes wrote:

So beautiful.  Is that wall paper on the walls or paint?

@tobes  I think it's wallpaper, but don't have a description to reference to be sure...

Smiley Happy

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I think this space is lovely and while I might not choose to replicate it, the only thing I might change is the lighting fixture, but even that I like... The space doesn't strike me as small or cramped and while I'm not a fan of benches, especially for comfortable dining, the banquette does provide a back, so would likely be somewhat comfortable. Overall, I'm not a fan of banquettes, but this one works for me in this setting... I love the French style chairs and the dark wood table.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Very pretty and inviting!!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”