Honored Contributor

@roster wrote:

steveieb: IMO,your rooms lack warmth, comfort. They are sterile & cold. Not just this one but all that your post.

@roster.  I must have different ideas of sterile and cold and lacking warmth.

I don’t think any are sterile.

Respected Contributor

Only thing I like about the room is the wainscoting and crown mouldings--beautiful!

Honored Contributor

Not being a fan of wallpaper I thought I would really dislike this room but I love it. Everything is airy, inviting, uncluttered, love the colors....very appealing.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Pretty Dining Room...

[ Edited ]

I think this room is very pretty.  Eveything from the flowers on table against that stunning wall paper, the chandelier, curtains, basketweave chairs, dark wood, print on the chairs, etcetera....all really compliment each other. Tastefully done!

Honored Contributor

@roster wrote:

steveieb: IMO,your rooms lack warmth, comfort. They are sterile & cold. Not just this one but all that your post.

For the record, these aren't 'my rooms'. They aren't in my house and I didn't decorate them. I merely post them here... That said, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on the definition of 'warm, comfortable, sterile and cold'...

Smiley Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

I can't get past the horrid (IMHO) wallpaper.  I think I'd like it if the wallpaper was painted the wallpaper color though.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

I'd like to see plantation shutters and beige-toned chair cushions.  Then it would be OK for me (not that anybody else needs to care what would be OK for me).

I could even live with the 60s (??) wallpaper.

I love the dark door(s) and dark cabinet and the cane-backs on the chairs.

I hope that plant is real or it would have to go.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

Not appealing to me.

Honored Contributor

I love the color of the wallpaper against the white wood trim...so pretty.

For the record, I am a big fan of cool colored rooms.  I don't particularly like warm, cozy rooms.  

Keep on posting.  I like your taste, very similar to mine.

Honored Contributor

Remove the wallpaper and I would like it.

kindness is strength