Esteemed Contributor

Does anyone have any experience with one in their home? I fell getting out of our recliner four weeks ago and broke my leg.  Since I have bad knees, dh decided I needed one of these chairs. It's coming Tuesday.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Respected Contributor

Yes, my mom had one and it was fabulous. It also had massage and heat settings. You will enjoy it

Esteemed Contributor

@Mustang Shar  Thank you. I think the one my dh bought also has massage and heat. Happy that your mother loved hers.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Regular Contributor

My FIL has one and he loves it.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Power Lift Recliner ???

[ Edited ]

I am on my second lift chair.  Years ago I had a left hip replacement and a fellow nurse I worked with told me to get a lift chair because her husband used one for his hip surgery and he slept in it for quite awhile because it was so difficult to get in his bed.  I wore my first chair out using it all the time, I loved it.  I had so much more independence because my husband worked.  The newer chairs look just like a recliner only I like that the lift chairs have more position options.  I think you will be very glad you purchased your chair.  I have had my left hip and right knee repaced, and also have RA and Fibromyalgia, so some nights when I'm hurting and can't sleep in my bed  I go out in my lift recliner and can get much more relaxed, enough to fall asleep.  Hope this helps.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes I have one. I can’t get out of a regular chair and it is a God’s send. Helps me keep my independence.

Esteemed Contributor

At the first of the year I fell twice (long story) and ended up with a broken left leg and then a badly mangled right wrist that required surgery.  Afterwards, I ended up in a nursing home for rehab until I healed.  I had one in my room and was able to get out of it with my good leg & arm and the special walker they rigged up for me.  I thought I might need one after I got home but, fortunately, I didn't.  I think you'll like it and will be glad you got it.  After my experience with it, I wouldn't hesitate to get one for home if I needed one.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

My mom has one and it's the most comfortable chair ever. I have no idea who makes the one she has, but it's like magic to me. If I sit in that chair, I fall asleep because it's just so comfortable.

Valued Contributor

I have one and love it.  Hubby and I both have bad knees and it makes it so much easier to get out of it.  The only thing I do not like is that fact that if you lose your power while laying back in it, there is no handle on it as a back up so you are stuck.  I have not had that problem yet but once it somehow came unplugged and I had it back and getting out of it was not easy.  I wish it had a handle to pull the foot rest back in in case of emergency.  I don't know if they makeany like that or not, ours was given to us when a good friends husband who had parkinsons and had several different lift chairs, he was a big guy, and when he went into the nursing home she did not need all of these chairs so gave us one.  I would be lost without it now.

Trusted Contributor

We just got one a couple of weeks ago. My husband sleeps in it and says it's very comfortable. He had tried this exact recliner at my brother's house. My brother has ALS and he got the lift chair when it was getting harder for him to stand up by himself. Sadly he is now in a wheelchair so doesn't use his recliner anymore.