Respected Contributor

@pattypeep wrote:

Does anyone have any experience with one in their home? I fell getting out of our recliner four weeks ago and broke my leg.  Since I have bad knees, dh decided I needed one of these chairs. It's coming Tuesday.

Yes, my Mom has one.  It's very difficult for her to get up and down in a regular sofa or chair.  This has been a wonderful piece of equipment for her.  She got a fairly large one because sometimes she sleeps in it.

Esteemed Contributor

@rustysmom  Power outage is a concern where we live and I worried about the point you made. We found one with a battery backup. Hope it works when we need it. I'm happy to hear that you enjoy yours.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Esteemed Contributor

Battery backup is a must. But do not leave a battery in it. It will be dead in a day or two. Only put a battery in it when you actually need it.

Esteemed Contributor

@ccassaday Good to know. When my chair arrives Tuesday, we can check out the instructions. Thank you.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Super Contributor

Family member has one and it is such a great chair!!

Honored Contributor

We have one. In-laws went in on half because the chair goes to their house, to our house and is currently at a friends house; it is AMAZING for post-surgery recover be it hip, knee, any type of abdominal surgery (fantastic for C-sections), etc and not only because you don't have to strain or use muscles/healing body parts to get up but because it's perfect for sleeping in. Good sleep is crucial for healing, as we all know.

Worth every penny.

Honored Contributor

When we purchased new recliners, I gave lift chairs a thought but didn't think they were necessary yet. After your accident, I think you'll consider that chair your best purchase in a long time. Hope all goes well with your recovery.

Esteemed Contributor

@AuntG and all: My recliner came today and is all set up. It's attractive and very comfortable. Housekeeper came today, too, so I'm feeling like a queen. Two more weeks, I hope, and I can get rid of the wheelchair. I can't wait !!

Valued Contributor

My mom had one.  She had bad arthritis and could not get out of a chair.  She also slept in it.  She kept it in her bedroom with her TV which was also in there so she could watch tv in it. 

Esteemed Contributor

Today is the day !! After eight weeks in a wheelchair and a week with a walker I was given the okay to walk today. I felt like a toddler taking his/her first steps. The power lift recliner sure made the last few weeks more pleasant. Heart