Esteemed Contributor

Re: Pottery Barn living room

I think it's a pretty room.  Looks comfortable and cozy.

Honored Contributor

The only thing I would change is the stark white of the walls...off white is more my preference. Love dark and light together..especially shades of white and black or gray.

Trusted Contributor

It's a very nice, bright, open space.  I like everything about the room.  In general, I'm not too much of a fan of coffee tables.  I got rid of mine & like the more open space better.  Love how they hung the pics on the rear wall.  Windows are gorgeous .. need I say more?  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

I do love Pottery Barn. I like the way they brought the color of the coffee table in with the pillows. Nice look,  but I don't care for those skinny square arms on a sofa and it appears to be one long cushion which I don't care for either.  Just a few tweaks  and I could live with it. 

Frequent Contributor

Actually not a bad looking living room. So, here is a question for you all. A coffee table or not? My living room is large enough for one but I like the flow of not having one, it makes the room bigger. Opinions, please.

Super Contributor

@KateE wrote:

Actually not a bad looking living room. So, here is a question for you all. A coffee table or not? My living room is large enough for one but I like the flow of not having one, it makes the room bigger. Opinions, please.

I think a coffee table is totally optional these days.  I debated doing without a table when we redecorated last year (new paint, furniture, etc), but I wanted a place to put books, drinks, etc.  Unlike your situation, my living room is not particularly large, so I struggled to come up with a solution that wouldn’t overwhelm the room. I ended up getting a round leather ottoman.  It is an ivory color so I think it gives a light, airy effect.  I know many people don’t like the idea of an ottoman as a coffee table because they are concerned about putting drinks on it, but I placed a tray on the piece and it works fine.  I’m happy with the look of it, and just as important, the function.

Honored Contributor

I love the windows and the fireplace.