Honored Contributor

Other than preferring rounded corners on the chair and maybe even on the coffee table, this room seems pretty appealing.

I think it's the way the pillows are so casually tossed that makes it seem as if someone was actually just sitting there -- and enjoying it.

It's an ad for Pottery Barn.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Re: Pottery Barn living room

I like the coffee table, but everything else is too white/sterile and modern for my taste.

Honored Contributor

It's an each to their own kind of thing. It appears as though I'd like the space, but not much of what they've put in it, though the sofa does look comfortable...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I like the couch. Very similar to my slip-covered couch, although mine has a very thin striped pattern in muted colors.  At a glance it looks like a natural linen color.  It's actually a performance fabric.

Hopefully they are simply showcasing several prints of pillows though on the couch.

Can't understand why decorators always have tons of pillows on couches and huge pillows on small chairs.

It's like they have more pillows than friends/guests.

I have printed lumbar pillows at each end of my couches and one on each chair.  You don't have to move any pillows or throws to sit down.

I look at that couch and other decorators *ideas* and it's like the equivalent to a textile eject button.  

I don't know anyone personally who goes crazy with throw pillows.  Just a pillow here and a pillow there.

Honored Contributor

Love it.

Honored Contributor

I'll take it.

Honored Contributor

I love it too. I would probably add some more color, but overall it is a very nice room!

Honored Contributor

Too much white.  This room needs color.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I'd prefer color in the sofa, not white.  Other than that it's a nice looking room. 

Respected Contributor

The space is lovely.....very nice design.