Esteemed Contributor

We had a bench similar to #4 on our front porch in the late 1970's. It moved with us several times and was so comfortable, durable and made of Teak which was great for patios in following homes. The woven seat became tattered; I believe we left it with one of the homes we sold.  

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Esteemed Contributor

I won't be incorporating any of it into my decor, but I'm not hating those who do.  I think most of this stuff is really nice.  I especially like the artwork in the fourth post.  Love that bench too!

Esteemed Contributor

Well, it's not the 1970s I remember.

I think the colors are nice, and interchangeable.

Cogito ergo sum
Trusted Contributor

@lolakimono  I really don't remember the 70's being that blah. On the contrary, the 70's were popping with color. Psychedelic era left over from the 60's still lead the way imo.

I think Pottery Barn got it wrong. But you know the old expression, "if you remember the 70's you weren't there". LOLWoman WinkWoman LOL

No, I wouldn't want any of this stuff in my home. I need color.

Respected Contributor

It's ok but not nuts about it. I remember the 70's with my mom's brand new kitchen...avacado green appliances, marble pattern formica countertops, green bubble glass corner cabinets with a light in it and dark color paneling. The kitchen table light was a wagon wheel. At the time, it was a designer kitchen. It stayed like that until the house was sold. The fridge and dishwasher were changed out and she updated her kitchen table light to a "tiffany" style but that was it.

Honored Contributor

Looks "right-on" to me!    Mine was called "Scandinavian Modern"....all imports.  Clean lines, neutral colors.   Some chrome and glass.....   Marimekko fabrics.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

I would not pick anything from the pictures. Been there, done that, except have never been a fan of dried arrangements; major dust collectors and too fragile to not make a mess.

I prefer a lot more color and the photos are not neutral to me, but boring.

Honored Contributor

None of the accessories in the picture would go in my home, but the pictures are exceptional.  Pottery Barn always does a wonderful room.

Esteemed Contributor

Pottery Barn has gone so neutral. No pop of color anywhere. I kinda like the second pic of living room but still needs a pop. 

Honored Contributor

Pottery Barn still looks very Pottery Barn.  And I still like it.