Respected Contributor

@AuntG  Thank you. I would love to have a sunroom. It can be enjoyed, no matter what the weather is. This week it is getting too hot and humid to sit on the porch.

Respected Contributor

@vermint  Thank you. The lemonade is all ready and I have lots of ice .

Respected Contributor

@on the bay  Your quote is beautiful.

Respected Contributor

@RNbynite  To answer your question, yes the porches wrap around two sides of the house.

Super Contributor

@Enufstuff ....Gotten lazy, heck no, with all that you have going on, I think you have accomplished a lot and done a beautiful job on your porch alone. Just take it easy and most of all take care of yourself. Your lovely and peaceful porch, I'm sure, will prove a perfect retreat for you. The rest can wait, your well-being comes first. Apologies for my nosiness. 😢

Respected Contributor

Re: Porch is Ready

[ Edited ]

@RNbynite   No need to apologize. I don't feel that you are nosey.

It is easy to redecorate, since all the wicker and cushions

I just shopped for online. My son moves the furniture and hoses it down  for me. He also puts the covers on at the end of the season. He and my husband help bring in the cushions inside at night. If we left them outside, the squirrels and racoons would be all over them.

I had to replace my last set of wicker because the squirrels destroyed it. It was decorated with wooden beads in the weaving. The squirrels bit them off like they were nuts.

They also chewed some of the wicker. We just have to keep the squirrels fed with peanuts.

About a month ago, my son heard something walking around on the porch. He checked a while later. A coyote had peed on the porch. How gross! My son cleaned it up.

In 2006 a coyote captured and took off with one of my cats.

Any cats are indoor cats now. There has been so much clearing and developing, that animals have lost their habitat. For more than 30 years, we never saw a wild turkey around here. But they have been coming around for about 6 - 7 years now.

I feel bad for the animals. These developers are millionaires and they don't care that their building is affecting the animals and people who have lived here for years. Cutting all the trees also causes erosion and flooding. Fortunately, my house is on a little hill.

I wish that environmental groups could stop the building.

Regular Contributor

This makes me so happy.  Enjoy!

Respected Contributor

Beautiful and welcoming.  Great job.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Super Contributor

@Enufstuff .....We have also had coyote sightings here in PA.....I've not seen any, but there are a few foxes around, they are so beautiful and I understand they are of no danger to domestic animals. I also feel bad for the animals, except for snakes.........if I ever encounter one, I think I'll have to move. LOL 

Respected Contributor

Re: Porch is Ready

[ Edited ]

@RNbynite   Foxes are cute. I haven't seen any, but my son has seen them. I had a friend who lived just a couple of miles away and she would feed a fox who came to her yard every night.

There are also deer in the area. I haven't seen any in my yard.

My husband does all the landscaping and gardening. He has seen a few garden snakes. Thankfully, we don't really have poisonous snakes around here.

Back in the 70's when I was mountain climbing in NH I did see

a timber rattler when we reached the top. He was sunning himself on the rocks. When he heard our voices, he slithered away. Thankfully. I could never live where there are poisonous

snakes, alligators or scorpions. I do have relatives who live in the south and see those critters. My cousin keeps asking me to move to Florida. I say no thanks. My ex-son-in law lives in Texas and sees scorpions. Yuck!