Respected Contributor

@lolakimono years ago my mother and father had a beautiful front porch.  The house was a beautiful barn red, the porj floor a light gray and the chairs were white wicker.  Always filled with beautiful flowers and cushions, along with a wicker pie-crust table (I have the wickers).  It was real wicker very sturdy no creaks very heavy.  When the rain came it was a wonderful space for dreaming.  We were well protected and no need to hide from the rain.  Mom and Dad lived close to the village and people always walked then.  Mom would hustle people walking by up to the porch to gain shelter from summer rain storms.  Some interesting people.  On Sundays, the extended family would gather on the porch.  We said the porch was the "center of the universe."  It was a different time back in the 50's and 60's.  So long ago.

Esteemed Contributor

@tobes 

Those are beautiful memories!

Your parents and family sound very special.

How wonderful you can look back and still see all of them on your porch.

Honored Contributor

It's a very pretty space. I like what they've created.

Respected Contributor

Growing up we had a front porch with screens. It was small but it had a chaise lounge and a small table. I loved being out there. Spent a lot of time reading and playing. Sometimes fell asleep. Many memories.

Respected Contributor

Great idea!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Porch Swingbed

[ Edited ]

I like the architectural charm of this porch--the pillars, the windows the shutters, the flooring. I also like the porch swing and the beautiful potted flowers (the hanging baskets could be more colorful). I would choose to replace the curtains, the chairs, the blue "tables" and the rug.

Honored Contributor

Re: Porch Swingbed

[ Edited ]

I would leave the plants and take down the shower curtain and replace the swing and existing furniture with 2 comfortable wicker rocking chairs and a small table in between...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor
This is one nice porch. Love it.
Trusted Contributor

Love all the colors & the porch swingbed.  Very welcoming, relaxing.

Just needs a good book & glass of wine .. then enjoy.

Respected Contributor

I love this: tastefully done!